Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portena

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
In my work I periodically need to work on small projects in FCE (3.5) and then delete (or move) them once I'm finished in order to free up disk space. How is it possible to do this?

eg: If I delete the main file, lets called it "movie" from the folder found under >Final Cut Express Documents>Capture Scratch>movie, will all the other associated files (such as those generated by the autosave function including Audio Render, Autosave Vault, Render Files, Thumbnail Cache, Waveform Cache) be discarded automatically as well or is my only option to trawl through and delete them manually? I'd have to do this very carefully - as there are other files in there I would NOT want to delete and so could be rather time consuming. The Waveform Cache is particularly scrappy and even though its not taking up a huge amount of space, I still want my folders to be tidy with only current editing projects accessible.

cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.