PDA

View Full Version : Sony Music sings new copy-protection tune

MacBytes
Nov 10, 2003, 09:38 PM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Sony Music sings new copy-protection tune (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=3533605&thesection=business&thesubsection=latest)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Nermal
Nov 10, 2003, 11:05 PM
Nitpick: MacBytes should say nzherald.co.nz, not just co.nz. Good to see an NZ link on here though :)

As for copy protection, I'm totally against it.

TomSmithMacEd
Nov 10, 2003, 11:18 PM
I'm sure some hacker has already made a crack for this type of cd:)

Also who wants to buy cd's anymore there is iTMS

iJon
Nov 10, 2003, 11:40 PM
wow, another bulls*** idea for preventing downloads. good luck sony, your gonna need it. when is microsoft going to work on this some more. im still waiting for the new hollographic g unit cd where i have to enter a product key and then call bill gates and let him know that i bought it legally.

iJon

Nermal
Nov 10, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by TomSmithMacEd
I'm sure some hacker has already made a crack for this type of cd:)

Also who wants to buy cd's anymore there is iTMS

It'll probably be a simple Mac drag-drop like one of the other ones was :)

I'm looking forward to iTMS, if it ever happens. First they said February 2004, now they're saying they've got no plans for it :confused:

wrldwzrd89
Nov 11, 2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Nermal
Nitpick: MacBytes should say nzherald.co.nz, not just co.nz. Good to see an NZ link on here though :)

Check the MacBytes site. This has been fixed.

Jerry Spoon
Nov 11, 2003, 06:40 AM
Anyone else think these guys are really just wasting their time developing this type of technology. Someone's going to crack it (or already has) and then Sony, or whoever, is just playing catch up again.

Lord Bodak
Nov 11, 2003, 07:09 AM
It really is stupid to go through all this. As long as you can play the audio, you can make an mp3 of the audio and trade it on p2p.

When will the labels learn that you have to make it worthwhile to buy music, or people won't do it?

nuckinfutz
Nov 11, 2003, 11:44 AM
My CD buying has ground to a halt. I just cannot support this industry with my hard earned money. Punishing the people that actually purchase your music is foolish.

Genie
Nov 11, 2003, 09:59 PM
yeah- drm is so stupid.

Why don't they just make good products that people actually WANT to buy?