PDA

View Full Version : Using an HP 1210 PSC all-in-one with an AirPort Extreme Base Station

simX
Nov 10, 2003, 10:34 PM
Has anybody had any experience with using an HP 1210 PSC all-in-one (printer/scanner/copier) with the USB port on an Airport Extreme base station? The all-in-one works fine when connected to a single computer, but it never shows up in the Print Center as a Rendezvous printer when it's connected to the base station.

So I was wondering if maybe it's just not compatible.

(Please note that none of these computers yet have Panther, and they are all regular Airport-equipped computers.)

simX
Nov 16, 2003, 03:13 AM
Anyone?

orl2222
Nov 16, 2003, 07:51 PM
I don't Think it's compatible. He's a walkround to get it work when hooked up to one of your computers. Enable printer sharing in preferences. reboot the airport extreme(uplug it and plug it back in) while restarting booth computers. Then on the computer that is not hooked directly to the printer, open utilities, print center, and you hp printer should show up. If you ever have to restart or turn off the computer that the printer is hooked up to, you may have redo the whole process, but at least you'll be able to print from booth. Hope this helps.

MoparShaha
Nov 16, 2003, 08:37 PM
My mom has that printer on her iMac, and I can't even see it in rendevouz through our wired ethernet network.

rainman::|:|
Nov 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
i believe these act in a different way than normal printers, as there's specialized two-way traffic, and AE (and printer sharing) are only meant to handle straight printing tasks. or more simply, all-in-ones are too complicated for current software to handle. check around, look at network print servers, and see if any list all-in-one models as compatable. if not, i'm right. if they do, than Apple is just being slow in supporting these peripherals.

pnw