Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
I've just installed Vista 32 Premium under Boot Camp on my new MacBook Pro only to find non of my games work - in particular Microsoft Flight Sim X and Hitman II. It just says something about not recognizing the graphics card!

Anyone any ideas?

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Update:

I've just had another go in Vista thinking I'll go onto the web and see if there are any updates for Vista I'm missing only to find Vista won't recognize my wifi card in my MacBook Pr! The tracker pad feels terrible as well - I can't seem to control it like I can in OSx. I went back into OSX and onto the web and did a bit of googling and it seems I should have been asked to create a 'window's driver disk' before installing Vista that I then use to install drivers. When I followed the instructions it didn't ask me to do this. Anyone any ideas?

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Update, Update!!

Just read the Apple instructions on installing Boot camp (perhaps I should have done that first!!) and it says I simply need to insert my OSX install disk in after installing Vista to install drivers.

I've not got the disk with me at the moment but will try it when I get home. That will hopefully solve the problem - if not I'll be on Update, Update, Update!! Sorry to have wasted anyone's time so far!

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
All working now - at least so far. By the way, on first inspection, Microsoft FS seems S**t compared to Xplane - in case anyone wanted to know that!

Also, it's almost worth using Vista for a while just to experience the pleasure of going back into OSX - what were Microsoft thinking!! Can you imagine the sort of people that you would least want to sort out the color scheme of your house, cross them with the people you would least trust running the economy, ask them to design an operating system and I reckon it wouldn't be far off something like Vista!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.