Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
Hi All,

I have a MacBook, an Xbox 360 (white) and a Samsung 19" HD TV.

I was going to buy the Mini-DVI to VGA cable so I could watch any downloaded HD content on my TV rather than MacBook monitor, however I figured, surely there is a way to transfer it accross to my existing Xbox 360 painlessly!

So a quick Google search shows me Connect360 and how superbly simple it is supposed to be.

I've downloaded it and installed it but it will not see the Xbox.

I must point out at this stage that the Xbox 360 is connected via ethernet to my MacBook which then shares it's Airport connection so I can access Xbox Live services. This feature works fine.

I eally don't understand IP address's and such, but in the Connect 360 pane in Sys Pref's I found the Access section and added all the IP address ranges I could find in the Network Blade of the Xbos 360.

Can anyone offer any further assistance to see if this will work??

Or should I give up and buy the £15 cable??

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
If you're sharing your internet connection from your Macbook, your Xbox is going to technically be on a different network than your laptop, and probably won't be spotted.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
My problem is similar. I am connected to Internet wirelessly, and I want to stream my music to my Xbox. I downloaded Connect360 but it doesn't recognize my 360. I connected an ethernet cable from my MacBook to the 360.
What do I do?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 201

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Well I just Internet Shared my connection from airport to ethernet, and ethernet heading to the "internet" port on my router, and one of the ethernet connections to the xbox port. Now in the "test connection" it says that it is wired, it has an ip but doesnt pass the DNS test. Still my Xbox doesnt appear. What can I do?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Sounds like something you might want to bring up with the Connect360 developers. You're situations seems like a unique one.

xCree

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2008
Check your firewall connections under security on your macbook. I was having the same problem and when I allowed access, it immediately saw the Xbox.

asmith89

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2011
Anyone ever figure this out? I used the trial forever, but only being able to have 5 shared movies at a time was a slight nuisance. When I paid for it and got the full version, the next day it won't recognize my 360 anymore. WTF is that ****? At a loss for what to do. I haven't had a mac long, but nothing I know to do can fix it.

drfunk1986

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
Connect360 Not showing songs in itunes

Okay so I've got at least 1000+ songs on my Itunes, I'm trying to stream through my xbox360 and it's connected, but only shows 1 song. Why is this?

CoolVids1312

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2014
Help!

Okay, I downloaded Connect360 a few days ago. It connected to my Xbox 360 wirelessly. A few days later it didn't connect! I couldn't find any
video on youtube that had anything to do with connecting Connect360 to Xbox 360. Its the same WiFi I've been using for both my Mac and Xbox 360. What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.