Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a External Dvd burner for my mac since i dont have the super drive. im having trouble finding one hats slim and does not need a power source if possible. Also ive heard of a company that can install a superdrive for a price something like $250 would it be better to go that route?

Pacer69

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
check out mce, I think this is who you're talking about. Might also check owc I think their site is macsales.com ... you could probably also do this yourself for I'd guess around $100-150 with a little googling for instructions and the part.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
is MCE reliable? has anyone here personalyl used them? also if i paid apple would they do it for me?

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a External Dvd burner for my mac since i dont have the super drive. im having trouble finding one hats slim and does not need a power source if possible. Also ive heard of a company that can install a superdrive for a price something like $250 would it be better to go that route?

Buy a superdrive off ebay and install it yourself, it's not real hard. This way you don't have to lug around an additional burner. You can buy one for less than $100.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
yeah i figured that in just going to buy one so i dont have to have a dongle hanging around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.