PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Help

j3yq
Apr 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a External Dvd burner for my mac since i dont have the super drive. im having trouble finding one hats slim and does not need a power source if possible. Also ive heard of a company that can install a superdrive for a price something like $250 would it be better to go that route?

Pacer69
Apr 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
check out mce, I think this is who you're talking about. Might also check owc I think their site is macsales.com ... you could probably also do this yourself for I'd guess around $100-150 with a little googling for instructions and the part.

j3yq
Apr 13, 2008, 12:39 AM
is MCE reliable? has anyone here personalyl used them? also if i paid apple would they do it for me?

eman
Apr 13, 2008, 07:50 AM
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a External Dvd burner for my mac since i dont have the super drive. im having trouble finding one hats slim and does not need a power source if possible. Also ive heard of a company that can install a superdrive for a price something like $250 would it be better to go that route?

Buy a superdrive off ebay and install it yourself, it's not real hard. This way you don't have to lug around an additional burner. You can buy one for less than $100.

j3yq
Apr 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
yeah i figured that in just going to buy one so i dont have to have a dongle hanging around.