Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi

Would you like to easily put your Macbook in your backpack without any concern about it gettin' hurt?

Well, then you should choose a sleeve (memory foam) from http://www.isisdei.com

They are made from memory foam which is very nice, thick and protective.

The sleeves are in great colors and a very reasonable price.

I'll recommend it for everyone who is used to use Tucano and Incase sleeves - 'Cause these are MUCH better!

I purchased mine from USA and got it within a week, and I live en Europe. So great world wide delivery for only 10 US!!!:):):):):):)

pyr0sphere

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I have one of these and it didn't help much

My Macbook fell less than a meter on to carpet, on one of its corners and now part of the top cover has shifted a bit. It no longer flushes perfectly when closed and there is a small gap (maybe 1mm?). Originally the gap was bigger but I forcefully pushed it back the other way a bit.

Memory foam in a sleeve, in theory sounds like a good idea, but in practice does very little IMO

I noticed they changed the site tho. At first I didn't recognize it. I think it was isiscovers.com before or something like that

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have one of these and it didn't help much

My Macbook fell less than a meter on to carpet, on one of its corners and now part of the top cover has shifted a bit. It no longer flushes perfectly when closed and there is a small gap (maybe 1mm?). Originally the gap was bigger but I forcefully pushed it back the other way a bit.

Memory foam in a sleeve, in theory sounds like a good idea, but in practice does very little IMO

I noticed they changed the site tho. At first I didn't recognize it. I think it was isiscovers.com before or something like that

I also knew someone who had one of these. After dropping their MacBook while it was in the sleeve the screen stopped working and had to be replaced.

Oh, and the original post smells a lot like spam to me......

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
Sounds like a good idea. real users are saying different though.
and yah spam isnt cool at all. you could have done it better too

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I also knew someone who had one of these. After dropping their MacBook while it was in the sleeve the screen stopped working and had to be replaced.

Oh, and the original post smells a lot like spam to me......

Maybe you should quit dropping your macs? - The case dosen't protect it if you drop it, but come on - why should you do that. And NO - it's not spam just wanted to share my experiences with you.

But if you take care of your mac and don't drop it, then this case is great! No sleeves protect the mac if it is gettin' dropped... But this is thicker than the others - so it WILL protect more than other sleeves like Tucano and Incase

crzybliss

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Maybe you should quit dropping your macs? - The case dosen't protect it if you drop it, but come on - why should you do that. And NO - it's not spam just wanted to share my experiences with you.

But if you take care of your mac and don't drop it, then this case is great! No sleeves protect the mac if it is gettin' dropped... But this is thicker than the others - so it WILL protect more than other sleeves like Tucano and Incase

I don't think that people, honestly, drop their macs on purpose. I've heard that Brenthaven Eclipse Sleeves have done a great job at protecting the macs from falls. And the first post does sound a bit like spam to me; well, that's my opinion anyways.

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't think that people, honestly, drop their macs on purpose. I've heard that Brenthaven Eclipse Sleeves have done a great job at protecting the macs from falls. And the first post does sound a bit like spam to me; well, that's my opinion anyways.

no kidding im gunna drop my $1000 laptop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.