PDA

View Full Version : what the heck does this mean

old cholo
Apr 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
please help im not sure wth this means

EvanLugh
Apr 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
It's a stupid message but it's saying it can't sync the [file] because it cannot be found. So, move it to your desktop or something then try (after adding it again).

Regards

EDIT: I think i'm wrong, I got confused with looking at the videos. I dont know what to suggest, unplug your iPod and plug it back in. What iPod is it? Have you tried a restore?

Hierotochan
Apr 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
Dunno mate, try the old "Restore" trick.

Did I see some tattoo stuff on there?

old cholo
Apr 13, 2008, 09:24 AM
its a 60 g ipod photo (color) and my problems started AFTER i did the restore now my pictures wont display

EvanLugh
Apr 13, 2008, 09:26 AM
Restore again mate, make sure you have the latest firmware (update it) and check your library for anything that shouldn't be there. I had several programs that some how got there and freaked up my iPod. Good luck.

old cholo
Apr 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
i dont mean to be dense but what kind of stuff dint belong in there???

EvanLugh
Apr 13, 2008, 09:54 AM
Anything that isn't songs, movies, tv shows or podcasts.

Phil A.
Apr 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
Have you tried re-installing the iPod support software from your original Mac Restore DVD?

old cholo
Apr 13, 2008, 10:20 AM
nope not only a noob Mac user but im not very good at this sort of thing sounds scary lol

Phil A.
Apr 13, 2008, 10:26 AM
nope not only a noob Mac user but im not very good at this sort of thing sounds scary lol

Not sure what machine you have, but on mine (MBA), this is what you do:
1) Insert OS Restore disk 1
2) Open Optional Installs folder
3) Double click on Optional Installs.mpkg
4) Step through until you get to the component selection list. One option on there is iPod support. Select it and then click continue to install it

I had a strange problem with my iPod syncing to iTunes following an iTunes update, and running this again sorted my problem out