Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelGraubart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
London, UK
I use Toast Titanium 7 on an eMac G4 (PPC), OS X 10.4.11. I recently found that audio CDs that I have burnt (using Toast Titanium and my Mac's built-in optical drive) took a very long time to mount when re-inserted into the drive at a later date. The drive made a rhythmic noise for up to 2 minutes before settling down and letting the disc icon appear on the desktop.

After much investigating, I discovered that on a previous occasion, when I was making a multi-session data CD, I had left the advanced recorder settings at 'write session' instead of 'write disc'. When I re-set them to 'write disc', the problem with newly-burnt audio CDs disappeared. (There is presumably nothing that I can do with the old ones!) But what puzzles me is that it is in any case impossible to make multi-session audio CDs — so how and why did leaving the recorder set to 'write session' affect the way audio CDs were burnt? I should be most grateful for any ideas or information about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.