PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs on Longhorn

MacBytes
Nov 11, 2003, 04:52 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Steve Jobs on Longhorn (http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/000984.html)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

mac15
Nov 11, 2003, 05:48 PM
The Jaguar/Longhorn comparision is awesome :) He does seem to talk about how good Mac OS X is

ITR 81
Nov 11, 2003, 07:59 PM
Funny part after reading the comments that Longhorn is actually named after a bar in Canada...LOL

And even if it was named after a cow..I would LOL as well. Because a cow isn't that bright which leads me to believe Longhorn isn't very bright either.

Marble
Nov 11, 2003, 09:03 PM
"Longhorn is their Mac OS X". Well, I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't get that far. Whether or not it's going to be difficult for them, they'll eventually get it down. Apple needs another trump card if Mac OS X in its current incarnation can't outclass Longhorn in every way. What's going to be the new feature/innovation? What's going on inside the Apple?

punter
Nov 11, 2003, 10:01 PM
"look at how much faster we can go" - Steve Jobs. Hmm maybe I should make that my signature?

There's a lengthy post war going on after that article. I couldn't be bothered reading half of it. I'm not concerned with trying to prove which os/platform is better. I've tried (and have to use) them all and I prefer this one, even at 3% market share. If others don't, that's fine by me.

1macker1
Nov 12, 2003, 08:26 AM
If steve thinks Longhorn will only be where Jaguar is at currently, he's foolish.

Do he really think OS X is that far ahead of XP. I mean really.

mrsebastian
Nov 12, 2003, 12:42 PM
what'll be really interesting is how well longhorn will get along with pc apps. i always hear my pc friends moaning and groaning when they gotta install new software and/or hardware. this driver doesn't work, there's support in xp for this card, etc.

1macker1
Nov 12, 2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah how it works with apps will be interesting. Cause i know when OS X first came out, most of the apps use to boot up in OS9 Classic, i'll take a while, but they will get there.

scat999999
Nov 15, 2003, 12:16 PM
to handle the older programs? Wow, talk about bloatware. ;)

Originally posted by 1macker1
Yeah how it works with apps will be interesting. Cause i know when OS X first came out, most of the apps use to boot up in OS9 Classic, i'll take a while, but they will get there.

MrMacMan
Nov 15, 2003, 11:59 PM
hehe.

Steve is funny.

good comment about the building an 9 story apartment.

Now if more people will switch...