PDA

View Full Version : got my black macbook yesterday

bigjnyc
Apr 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
so i just made the switch PC user my whole life. got a blackbook yesterday afternoon at the apple store 2.4ghz 2GB 250GB, got a nice $166 off the 1499 price. since i got home yesterday i havent turned it off wow i love this thing i cant beleive i waited this long. transferred all my files off my PC via my network and the PC is going deep in the closet somewhere. i went to bed at 4am just going through all the settings and customizing everything..... wow you read about macs being so fast and seamless but you cant really appreciate it until you use one. I have been reading up so much and spent so much time playing with them in the store that i already knew what to do with everything lol. Anyways just saying hi and how glad i am to now be part of the MAC community :D

ki2594
Apr 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
so i just made the switch PC user my whole life. got a blackbook yesterday afternoon at the apple store 2.4ghz 2GB 250GB, got a nice $166 off the 1499 price. since i got home yesterday i havent turned it off wow i love this thing i cant beleive i waited this long. transferred all my files off my PC via my network and the PC is going deep in the closet somewhere. i went to bed at 4am just going through all the settings and customizing everything..... wow you read about macs being so fast and seamless but you cant really appreciate it until you use one. I have been reading up so much and spent so much time playing with them in the store that i already knew what to do with everything lol. Anyways just saying hi and how glad i am to now be part of the MAC community :D

I just switched last sunday as well. My macbooks specs are below. I didnt need the extra storage so white was fine but it is the best laptop i have ever had. Should last me a longggg time. Congrats though

techound1
Apr 13, 2008, 03:57 PM
Welcome to you both! And remember to stop back often.

leekohler
Apr 13, 2008, 04:45 PM
Good for you! I just got a BlackBook too. Welcome. Oh- and it's Mac, not MAC. ;)

bc008
Apr 13, 2008, 06:09 PM
congrats! i love my 2.2 blackbook soo much! sounds creepy but the newness factor of it hasnt worn off yet (been 1-2 months)

TuffLuffJimmy
Apr 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
congrats! i love my 2.2 blackbook soo much! sounds creepy but the newness factor of it hasnt worn off yet (been 1-2 months)

The newness doesn't wear off for a long time, I'm on a blackbook that I got in December of 2006 and it still feels extremely fast. Of course I did put in two gigs of ram, a 320GB HDD and installed leopard!

bigjnyc
Apr 13, 2008, 06:53 PM
yeah this thing is super fast, i plan on adding the 4gb ram package just cause i can but not really because it needs it.

tom.
Apr 13, 2008, 07:16 PM
Glad to hear you like it. Blackbooks are awesome, major speed increase from 1 to 2GB too.

Next stop, Mac Pro!

SFStateStudent
Apr 13, 2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats! And welcome to "everything at your fingertips, and more." :p

ryannel2003
Apr 13, 2008, 10:00 PM
Congrats on your new MacBook. I've had mine for almost 2 weeks and I haven't been able to pull myself off it enough and use my lonely iMac. :D

R6laser
Apr 14, 2008, 01:34 AM
Nice. I also plan on switching to a Black Macbook pretty soon.

inVINCEcible2k3
Apr 14, 2008, 01:43 AM
welcome aboard.

I was a pc guy for years and finally bought my FIRST Mac computer.

It's a MacBook Pro and totally love it!