PDA

View Full Version : What's a good history of Apple Computer book?

KBFinFan
Nov 11, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Some of you probably know that I have 'switched' recently.. and now I am interested in the history of Apple Computer.

So I ask the community, does anyone have a good book suggestion discussing Jobs' + Woz' founding of the company and the rise to where Apple is today? Like how was Steve Jobs forced out of CEO position? How badly was Apple run under the Pepsi CEO (sorry.. I don't know his name.. this is why I want a book). I think my only knowledge on the subject is from the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley.

As always, thanks in advance everyone.

zulgand04
Nov 11, 2003, 06:20 PM
i think there was a post about this a while back, try a forum search it should turn up a bunch of stuff.

Welcome to mac :)

-Neal

KBFinFan
Nov 11, 2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks I'll take a peak at the old posts.. What part of CT are you from? I'm from Orange (New Haven area). Nice to see some CT people..

EDIT: Just searched.. can't locate the thread.. any help would be great.

rainman::|:|
Nov 11, 2003, 07:56 PM
well the most comprehensive history i've seen of the early days is The Little Kingdom, by Michael Morris. it was written in the mid or late 80s, so it only goes up to there. but this morris guy has done investigative histories of many companies, he was well known for it. very thorough...

pnw

jonapete2001
Nov 15, 2003, 11:47 AM
Not really a apple history book, but a great steve jobs book is

The Second Coming of Steve Jobs. Very imformative about how much of a insane crazy person is running apple. I would have put him in a mental hospital after reading this book. I will never go near this guy, he is a loose cannon. I can just admire his work from afar.

zulgand04
Nov 16, 2003, 04:03 PM
well i did just do a search and found nothing. I guess i was thinking of another thing, sorry bout that.

yes it is nice to see another CT person here, im from new haven.

-Neal

KBFinFan
Nov 16, 2003, 09:28 PM
Ya, I've added the second coming of Steve Jobs to my Amazon wishlist.. and I just ordered Macintosh... The Naked Truth used..

I was reading it in Borders and it was quite humorous.. although not really historical. There were a couple others but I cannot remember them now. Thanks again everyone.

I guess we are just a couple towns over in CT... any good Wi-Fi spots in New Haven? In Orange we only have the Starbucks..

jxyama
Nov 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
Apple History (http://www.apple-history.com)

it's not a book, but a good site...

dukemeiser
Dec 2, 2003, 07:54 PM
I recommend Apple Confidential (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/188641128X/qid=1070416290/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-8006398-2446361?v=glance&n=507846). I thought it was pretty good. It goes into a lot of detail, sometimes too much detail.

I've also got The Second Coming of Steve Jobs. It's really good too.

zulgand04
Dec 2, 2003, 08:02 PM
Yea starbucks is like the only place i know of in new haven, but i have never really looked into it. I bet there has to be others. The orange starbucks is the greatest, wish they were open later though. lol