PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Les Paul,Tonelab & Imac intel

iCris
Apr 14, 2008, 12:12 AM
Hi all,i'm new in the computer audio,mi rig is a gibson les paul,marshall amp and a tonelab,what i need to put mi tonelab in my Mac and rec mi tonelab.
My tonelab has a toslink output is a good idea put in my Mac.:apple:

BeyondMountains
Apr 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hi all,i'm new in the computer audio,mi rig is a gibson les paul,marshall amp and a tonelab,what i need to put mi tonelab in my Mac and rec mi tonelab.
My tonelab has a toslink output is a good idea put in my Mac.:apple:

did you already post this topic a couple of days ago, i remember replying to it.

iCris
Apr 15, 2008, 01:48 AM
did you already post this topic a couple of days ago, i remember replying to it.

???no really,maybe you remember wrong,but y try to search again maybe other have the same question.:confused:

BeyondMountains
Apr 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
okyeah sorry maybe im just going crazy

First , what kind of outputs does the tonelab have? Anything usb or firewire? If so then it probably can be used directly without a audio interface.

If the tonelab doesnt have any way to connect to the computer then youll need software and an audio interface. Here is a list of a million audio interfaces http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound---Recording-Cards-Computer-Hardware.gc

If you want to use protools youll need hardware made by digidesign or m-audio which could run protools m-powered.

New macs come with garageband so you can use that as software to start out with. hope i helped.