Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Okay I thought this was my fault, but now I've seen it happening in front of my eyes:

I had entered an appointment in my iPod touch. Today I looked, and it was there. Then, I connected to iTunes. Everything got synced. And behold, I return the Calendar on the iPod, and the item is GONE! It is not on the iPod nor on iCal on my Mac.

This thing has happened to me several times now, and I don't feel comfortable depending on the feature anymore if events get lost.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

you probably have the calender syncing with iCal, and since iCal dosen't have the date, it erases it

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
you probably have the calender syncing with iCal, and since iCal dosen't have the date, it erases it

No, it should merge the two, which means items created on the iPod's calendar should be placed in iCal and vice-versa. It works fine on mine, even though it's jailbroken (and worked before I did that).

To the OP: check your settings in iTunes under the Calendar syncing section (don't recall that actual header), and check that iCal works fine on your Mac (could be that iCal simply isn't adding events properly, then when you go to sync your iPod, it syncs back what it has, which wouldn't include what you created because it couldn't add it to it's own calendar).

jW

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Thanks for the helps :)

I've double checked the settings in iTunes, everything should be right. Now I've reset the iSync settings using a setting in the preferences. Now lets hope it all works again (didn't check yet).

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Since I have reset iSync, everything seems to be fine :). Happy iPod user again!

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Mal said:

No, it should merge the two, which means items created on the iPod's calendar should be placed in iCal and vice-versa. It works fine on mine, even though it's jailbroken (and worked before I did that).

To the OP: check your settings in iTunes under the Calendar syncing section (don't recall that actual header), and check that iCal works fine on your Mac (could be that iCal simply isn't adding events properly, then when you go to sync your iPod, it syncs back what it has, which wouldn't include what you created because it couldn't add it to it's own calendar).

jW

ahh, well I have a pc, so I am not 100% fimilar with iCal...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.