Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

add2mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I was just playing around with my iPod other day and all of sudden Mac OS X style Volume control[Grey Square with Speaker image].

I could not reproduce same result after trying for a while.

Has anyone seen this?
Probably it's not surprising since it is Mac OS X based but I was just curious.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
should do it while in coverflow (on a touch), and on the home screen I'd have thought.

at least it does on the iPhone when using the iPod feature.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
It's on the iPod Touch.

I was just playing around with my iPod other day and all of sudden Mac OS X style Volume control[Grey Square with Speaker image].

I could not reproduce same result after trying for a while.

Has anyone seen this?
Probably it's not surprising since it is Mac OS X based but I was just curious.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Turn off the screen on your iPod, then press the home button twice to bring up the music controls on the lock screen. Hold your finger on the volume slider, and as you are sliding it hit the home button another two times and it will appear.

add2mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
nice work! i didnt know you could do that. you get the same volume control when you use the iPod touch with the universal dock and the remote control

Oh! I didn't know it was for the universal dock and remote. Well now it makes sense why they have that volume control image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.