Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
Just want to get some ideas for how you organize your music videos in iTunes? I like to have mine with the album they came from, so I have mine set up as in the attachment.

But I don't like how I have to give them track numbers (otherwise they just go to the top of the listing) and how the only way they are separated is by the music video icon on the right.

Just wanna get some different ideas!

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 412

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Could this of gone under how are your Movies organized? As everyone has shown off how the organize their Songs and TV Shows as well.

Quick Question: Does anyone know if you can add a new library just for Music Videos to keep them separate from Music/TV Shows/Movies?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I simply tagged them all as Genre: Music Video, and then created a smart playlist for Music Video so I go to that playlist to see all my videos. But I use a screenshot from the video as the art. I suppose you could do the same except use grouping rather than genre, then keep the genre the same as the artist. I would prefer it if they had their own list like music, tv, and movies. Maybe I just did the smart playlist by kind music video since they do have that in the video setting. I don't remember, sorry not at home on my mac right now.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
They used to have a Music Video only one but it's been switched for Movies and TV Shows instead. I'll try your way and if I like it that's how I'm doing it from now on. Thanks for the reply

Zea74

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
Belgium
Another option to organize Music Videos (and all other content in the Music Library): use the BPM field to give a specific value to
- Music Videos
- Recorded radio shows
- Concerts
- Lossless content
and then create smart folders that look at the BPM value.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
OK I sorted it now.

We can go back to the OP's question, Didn't mean to hijack the thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.