PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Names from Address Book

thriftinkid
Apr 14, 2008, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, Does anyone know where I can find an automator action or applescript that allows you to select indiviual names to e-mail to from your address book. I have found many actions that allow you to search or add groups of people, but that won't help. The user needs to be able to choose individual names from the address book or from a given chosen group. They will be prompted to choose who they want to e-mail first before running the rest of the script. That way they don't have to wait for the script to run it's course and be prompted later just before it sends the e-mails. I will just store the data as a variable until it is needed later.

thriftinkid
Apr 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hey guys, Does anyone know where I can find an automator action or applescript that allows you to select indiviual names to e-mail to from your address book. I have found many actions that allow you to search or add groups of people, but that won't help. The user needs to be able to choose individual names from the address book or from a given chosen group. They will be prompted to choose who they want to e-mail first before running the rest of the script. That way they don't have to wait for the script to run it's course and be prompted later just before it sends the e-mails. I will just store the data as a variable until it is needed later.

Is there possibly a way just to write a text doc or something that has all the e-mail to choose from and then somehow store the info instead of using address book. I just don't know scripting that well.