PDA

View Full Version : set is done...click here

teabgs
Nov 12, 2003, 09:44 AM
updated 11/12/03.

some new images of the set which is pretty much finished.

I'm suppossed to start animating within a month now...but I may start sooner. We'll see what happens this week.

click here (http://www.mindoverpixels.com/thesis.html)

etoiles
Nov 12, 2003, 10:36 AM
the environment looks great ! So are you going to overlay the CG cat (with special FX) over a cat armature ?

This is an awesome project, can't wait to see the first animations.

teabgs
Nov 12, 2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by etoiles
the environment looks great ! So are you going to overlay the CG cat (with special FX) over a cat armature ?

This is an awesome project, can't wait to see the first animations.

I'm not sure how it will look just putting the computer cat on top of the armature...I am working on getting the particles and the stock footage of smoke together so that I can test it out.

I most likely will have to first take the armature out of the shots completely and then put the CG and practical elements in it's place.

That is most of what I have to do in the next few weeks, and I hope to have at least something to show in the next week and a half.

The plan is to get everything ready with little touchups to the set, props, finish my backdrops, and get the lighting done by next wed....if possible. If not it's ok because that plan would get me ahead of schedule.

I might not block it out any more and just work on getting all the stop motion stuff ready and then figuring out the integration and just jumping into the actual animation a week or two earlier then planned.

the cat is the bane of my existence right now...I dont really have much experience with compositing, especially with something this complicated....but it is the best way to learn. :cool:

Rower_CPU
Nov 12, 2003, 01:58 PM
Nice looking set.

22 days left to animation, eh? I hope you've gotten your Panther issues straightened out by then.

teabgs
Nov 12, 2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Nice looking set.

22 days left to animation, eh? I hope you've gotten your Panther issues straightened out by then.

heh.....yeah, me too.

Actually....if I don't have them straightened out by next week then that following sunday will be format/install Jaguar day. :(

Rower_CPU
Nov 12, 2003, 08:40 PM
Ick. Good luck with 10.3.1.

Mr. Anderson
Nov 13, 2003, 08:20 AM
Nice work on the set! It looks friggin great!

So what type of lighting other than the lantern are you going to use?

Looking forward to seeing animations!

D

teabgs
Nov 14, 2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Nice work on the set! It looks friggin great!

So what type of lighting other than the lantern are you going to use?

Looking forward to seeing animations!

D

I've yet to do the lighting.....but it's one of the many things i'll be doing this weekend. Along with fighting maya....and panther

I think I know how the lighting will end up being, but we'll see....its best not to say anything till I get it done.