Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Well it must have had really weak copy protection to get cracked this quick. I mean these companies complain like hell when their stuff gets cracked. Perhaps they should have made sure it was stronger

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp
how do you copy/keep these games on other devices, aren't they like 10's of megs ?

"Nokia has high hopes for N-Gage, aiming to sell between six and nine million units before the end of 2004 ..."

yeah, right :rolleyes:

stoid

macrumors 601
Shift key!

The "additional hardware" they say is needed to crack the security is an external keyboard. If you plug in the keyboard to it and hold down the shift key while inserting the game, suddenly the copy protection is nullified. Some people never learn. :D :D :D

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
How can they expect to sell that many? It's too awkward as a phone and too expensive as a game system since you can get a GBA for $60 and have a much wider selection of games than for the expensive Nokia.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
To change games you have to take the back off the phone, the screen shape is also all wrong, it should be a 4:3 ratio, not 3:4 like it is at the moment. Who ever designed it, designed it more as a phone than a games machine. They should bring out an updated version that corrects these mistakes, like Nintendo did with the GBA SP.

If Nokia dont fix its mistakes, it will stand no chance against the Sony PSP when it is released.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
N-Gage - Not Impressed

I feel no remorse for Nokia on this one. I really don't like the N-Gage and I don't think it was designed very well. I can't see them meeting their sales targets at all, with or without the games being hacked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.