PDA

View Full Version : Little help please!!

unknown87
Apr 15, 2008, 06:52 AM
Ok, so after trying to sort out the music on a friends PC, we managed to completely bork his iTunes. We've decided to take his music from his iPod, back to his PC as the music on his computer is all over the place.

So... how do we stop iTunes from syncing with iPod as soon as its connected to the PC? I know on my Mac I hit command+shift, but what do we do on a Windows machine?

Then, once we've got the music on the iPod showing up using the pod as an external hard drive, do we simply need to hit 'add to library' or 'import to library' to get all the music back in to the iTunes library? Will this create another iTunes folder with all the music in, so we can simply delete any other music folders on his PC?

Many thanks!!

DRDRJAY
Apr 15, 2008, 09:47 AM
Aloha,

On a Windows Machine, you need to Check the box labeled 'manage iTunes Manually' and..go to the Music tab and uncheck the Sync Box at the top. If the iPod is already Syncing, it will stop and back up.

On the second question, I'm not sure whether you would use Import or Add to. My favorite cheater book.." iTunes and iPod for Dummies " would probably have the answer. Read through it at your local bookseller..you don't have to buy it!

unknown87
Apr 15, 2008, 01:01 PM
Will this method ensure that no music is lost? I feel very responsible for this guy's problems and I don't want him to lose anything... I could've sworn it was something like ctrl+alt+shift :confused:

Anyone else know anything about the importing business?