PDA

View Full Version : Escape Velocity Nova

Macmaniac
May 7, 2002, 10:21 AM
HELP HELP another EV has eaten up my life! I must say it is a great game, and I like the storyline. You all should try it. Ya its shareware but its some of the best out there!

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
HELP HELP another EV has eaten up my life! I must say it is a great game, and I like the storyline. You all should try it. Ya its shareware but its some of the best out there!

I downloaded it and started playing for about an hour and got bored. I have EV Override and liked that one a lot, but the idea of starting over again with a little shuttle was just too much.

I wasn't sure about the story line though, where exactly does it fall in relation to the two other games?

Macmaniac
May 7, 2002, 10:41 AM
Its the challange of working your way up that I enjoy. I don't have EV overide, looks like I will have to get that one too. I have yet to see a relation in the story line though. It looks all new. I likle the new missions and the cool new ships. The HyperGates are cool too.

Ensign Paris
May 7, 2002, 11:12 AM
The game rules, have played the EV series since EV came out and I love it, I used to have a website for EVO and EV (http://starbase64.brooklineuk.com/ but I haven't updated it in quite a while :)

Will do some work soon!

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Its the challange of working your way up that I enjoy. I don't have EV overide, looks like I will have to get that one too. I have yet to see a relation in the story line though. It looks all new. I likle the new missions and the cool new ships. The HyperGates are cool too.

That's what I thought, there really wasn't any realationship, it sort of had the same name, but the timeline didn't mesh with the other games. Nothing wrong with that though.

I'm still playing around with Civ III, so that will consume my game time, such as it is. Maybe if I'm looking for something else after that I'll give EVNova another chance.

cb911
May 8, 2002, 01:55 AM
where can i download it?

Macmaniac
May 8, 2002, 06:47 AM
I have played the original EV and it rocks! The storyline is very good and the ships rock! I love my Kestrel and Corvette!

britboy
May 8, 2002, 07:15 AM
You can download the shareware from macgamefiles (http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17107).

It's not exactly the most exciting game out there, but it's strangely addictive. Why is that? Override had the same effect. Could it be the feeling that you're exploring something no-one has before you?

mmmdreg
May 8, 2002, 07:23 AM
although EVN is obviously the most advanced, I prefered EVO much more...

gerror
May 15, 2002, 04:16 AM
I downloaded it yesterday and I can't wait to play again today after work. I love it. Played the other 2 as well a while ago so it is cool to play the next version.

Ensign Paris
May 15, 2002, 04:39 AM
The game rules, I am in the middle of upgradeing the site now.

Ensign

peterjhill
May 16, 2002, 03:51 PM
Okay, for the impatient, are there any cheats? It would be nice to be able to hack in some cash. Has anyone figured out if the forklift is still available?

Desert-Rat
May 17, 2002, 02:59 PM
If you press X in the main screen you get a um 'cheat' there are cheats on the evn addons page.

www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/addons

iJed
May 17, 2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by mmmdreg
although EVN is obviously the most advanced, I prefered EVO much more...

I totally agree. EVO had a much better plot than Nova does. I thought the two original EV games were much much more enjoyable than Nova. I suppose some of the plugins will be great though.

mr.w
Jun 11, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by peterjhill
Okay, for the impatient, are there any cheats? It would be nice to be able to hack in some cash. Has anyone figured out if the forklift is still available?

thats; the best thing about the EV games, there are copioous amounts of plug-ins available. GoTo http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/games/evn/addons.html

there are thousands of plugs to choose from.

amnesiac1984
Jun 14, 2002, 05:13 PM
i'm loving playing evnova

i've started two nerw piltos and tehy have got into completely different stories. My first character has become a telepathic vellos, who can fly in her own telepowered ship using herthought as propulsion,!! how cool is that..

unfortunately i went a bit mad and isntalled a cheat plugin and bought a huge ship and went round blowing things up, now i am a renegade everywhere and they won't give me any more missions!

I tried starting again cos i didn;t get very far but the story was different and i got given other mission to do :(

I WANNA BE A VELLOS AGAIN

maybe i'll start again seeing as i haven't played it for a while now

mmmdreg
Jun 15, 2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by amnesiac1984

i've started two nerw piltos and tehy have got into completely different stories. My first character has become a telepathic vellos, who can fly in her own telepowered ship using herthought as propulsion,!! how cool is that..
I tried starting again cos i didn;t get very far but the story was different and i got given other mission to do :(

I WANNA BE A VELLOS AGAIN

Just find a shipping mission to earth and you'll get the vellos mission string

amnesiac1984
Jun 15, 2002, 08:48 AM
thanks mmmdreg

i kinda just discovered that by accident, and am working my way back throught the vellos missions string from the bottom, i've taken the cheat plugin out and reinstalled as it was crashing without the plugin.. i can't wait til i get to be the vellos flyer thing again!!

Cheating really ruins the game and is only worth it if you've completed already the game..

ENGLAND 3, DENMARK 0

now we are second favourites to win behind Brazil :D :D :D

mmmdreg
Jun 16, 2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by amnesiac1984

ENGLAND 3, DENMARK 0

now we are second favourites to win behind Brazil :D :D :D

Go England!

wsteineker
Jul 10, 2002, 03:42 AM
Sorry for ressurecting such an old thread, but I had a question about EV: Nova. I ran a mission to Earth and got the Vell Os thread started. I located their homeworld and brought back news. When I was told to go to the WOlf 359 system and that I might run into the guy who would tell me more about myself, I did. I went back A LOT. He never showed. What gives?

Also, what else do I do to unlock some more threads? I have already taken the scientists to do their terraforming, and taken other scientists to launch a probe. Anything else I can trigger? Thanks! :)

wsteineker
Jul 10, 2002, 07:20 AM
Ok I found 2 more threads. First is the Sigma delivery thread. I did it and unlocked the capital ships and upgrades, as well as the hypergate.

The other one is confusing me, though. It's the bounty hunter's guild thread. I go back to the system ALL THE TIME and can't seem to ever find the doomblade there. Any tips?

Wes
Jul 10, 2002, 07:42 AM
I just thought that you would also like to know that the game is available off your idisk in the software section. I used to be addicted to it and play it for hours, but as with the some other people here, I can not be bothered to start all over again ;-(. Well looks like I'll have to go back to quake III online.

wsteineker
Jul 10, 2002, 07:50 AM
Good to hear that Apple is spreading the good word of Ambrosia's sweet little game via the iDisk. Any one out there have any tips for me? Come on, you have to have something! :D

And w-_-w, nice sig. Very impressive. :)

loserjewster
Jan 9, 2004, 08:54 PM
i started the sigma shipyards thread and ive delivered like 10 times and been to bars and nothing happens. i like the mass add ons u can buy tho... is there a limit to those? cuz if there wasnt u could have a shuttle with a fighter bay..

thatwendigo
Jan 10, 2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by loserjewster
i started the sigma shipyards thread and ive delivered like 10 times and been to bars and nothing happens. i like the mass add ons u can buy tho... is there a limit to those? cuz if there wasnt u could have a shuttle with a fighter bay..

It's been too long since I played EV Nova for me to give you much help with the mission problem, but I can answer your question. Yes, nearly everything in EV is limited by mass, and I seem to recall that the conversions are lossy... It's something like a 3:2 tradeoff, where you get 10 cargo or weapon space for each 15 of the other you trade.

loserjewster
Jan 10, 2004, 01:02 PM
no i mean the sigma shipyards thing... it gives u five extra mass for 500000 credits but u dont lose any cargo space.

Shekky_ca
Jan 14, 2004, 10:43 AM
I used to be a big EV addict starting from the orignal ev years back...

And to honestly say I was disapointed with EVO when it came out...

As pretty much the game engine was reused and tweaked a tiny bit...

but when EV Nova came out I was glad they actually got out of the 256 color days....

the game would be almost perfect but the storyline kinda lacks a little in some strings other then The Polaris String is the best part of EVN