PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Have Permissions" question !!!!

Delta608
Apr 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
On my home network I am running Win XP on a desktop and Leopard on my MBP...I see both my Windows computer in finder and my MacBook Pro from my Windows network..Recently when copying file(s) from a sharing folder on windows to my MBP desktop, I get the message, that I don't have permissions to read/or write or something like that and it wont any longer copy..I don't know where the prob is, my MBP or Desktop (Windows)..Any ideas..??

Delta608
Apr 16, 2008, 05:49 PM
On my home network I am running Win XP on a desktop and Leopard on my MBP...I see both my Windows computer in finder and my MacBook Pro from my Windows network..Recently when copying file(s) from a sharing folder on windows to my MBP desktop, I get the message, that I don't have permissions to read/or write or something like that and it wont any longer copy..I don't know where the prob is, my MBP or Desktop (Windows)..Any ideas..??

I think I may have found the answer...:D If anyone is interested, it seems since installing Leopard I had to change the log-in settings so I would not have to enter a pw each time...I gave read-write authority to guest and it seems to work...So the prob was on the Apple side..!!:apple: