Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Ok so I was just importing some pictures into Aperture and realized that all my pictures are being stored on my internal drive in my MBP in the pictures folder instead of the aperture library on my external drive. I have Aperture library set to my external but nothing is going there.

How do I get all my pictures back onto the Aperture lib? Do I need to re import them and tell Aperture to save in the Aperture lib every time I import?

Edit: and now when I look at one of my folders in the picture folder theres like 3-5 copys of all my images when I only imported them once...

Edit one more time: Sorry disregard the 3-5 copys of things.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
If you are trying to get them back into the Aperture library then right click on the project and select "Consolidate Images" then choose to "Copy" them into the Aperture library.

This will give you two copies, one in the Aperture library, and another on the HDD in the pictures folder, you can just delete the one in the pictures folder.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
If you are trying to get them back into the Aperture library then right click on the project and select "Consolidate Images" then choose to "Copy" them into the Aperture library.

This will give you two copies, one in the Aperture library, and another on the HDD in the pictures folder, you can just delete the one in the pictures folder.

K thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.