Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released an expanded list of sessions at this year's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC). An abbreviated list of sessions was previously available, but now over 150 sessions are listed.
At the heart of your WWDC experience are over 150 technical sessions and hands-on labs presented by Apple engineers and experts. Get in-depth information with presentations on the technologies that power iPhone OS, Leopard and Leopard Server, and code along during practical "how-to" sessions.
This year's WWDC takes place from June 9th - 13th in San Francisco. The event falls near the release of the iTunes App store and understandably has a large focus on iPhone application development as well as Mac development.

Article Link

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Looking forward to receiving more details on what Jobs's Keynote will consist of. :D I am curious if he'll even say a word about 10.6... I think more likely the iPhone... past that though it should be interesting to see what gets highlighted. :cool:

dpcott

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Idaho, USA
Looking forward to receiving more details on what Jobs's Keynote will consist of... I think more likely the iPhone...

I wouldn't expect too much talk about the actual hardware because iPhone is a consumer device and reserved primarily for MacWorld. I would expect to hear about iPhone development and SW at WWDC, but probably not too much about the actual device.

But I have been known to be wrong...once or twice:eek:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I wouldn't expect too much talk about the actual hardware because iPhone is a consumer device and reserved primarily for MacWorld. I would expect to hear about iPhone development and SW at WWDC, but probably not too much about the actual device.

Actually that's what I was referring to - iPhone-related news to be specific. ;)

What are other people's thoughts on what we'll see? I don't know what kind of machine updates would be featured, as a redesign of the Mac Pro, etc. isn't in the cards (at least in my opinion), and software-wise it's too soon for anything iLife-related (not to mention that's more of a MWSF thing than a WWDC thing), so what else? New Apple displays? What are people's thoughts?

andypullen

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2007
Oregon

You could be right... but the iPhone is a platform on which developers develop software, so I don't think it wouldn't be at all out of place if Apple decided to announce new hardware for the new iPhone platform. Consumer device or not, I think it would make complete sense if they released a new iPhone at WWDC. It would also make sense if they didn't. I guess we'll have to see.

k2spitfire88

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2008
in your mind
Is there a possibility that the new MB and MBP's we've been talking about come out at the WWDC? This is my first year following these things, and I am hoping they update before I buy my blackbook.

sebastianlewis

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
San Francisco
Is there a possibility that the new MB and MBP's we've been talking about come out at the WWDC? This is my first year following these things, and I am hoping they update before I buy my blackbook.

That might come later in June or in July, I don't think they'll update at WWDC because it'll just waste time on stage before they go into detail about the SDK again, how many apps are being launched with the store, new 2.0 features (that haven't been shown already such as contact search and saving images in MobileSafari), maybe a hardware update (3G) so the Macbook and Macbook Pro refresh would feel out of place, but that's OK, WWDC is about platforms, not products and the reason most developers are going is not the Keynote.

Sebastian

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007

I'm still putting my $$ on the iPhone 2 announcement for one simple reason... The bush recession totally took the air out of AAPL during Q1, and this gives Jobs a do-over to re-inflate the stock.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
What are other people's thoughts on what we'll see? I don't know what kind of machine updates would be featured, as a redesign of the Mac Pro, etc. isn't in the cards (at least in my opinion), and software-wise it's too soon for anything iLife-related (not to mention that's more of a MWSF thing than a WWDC thing), so what else? New Apple displays? What are people's thoughts?
Apple keeps saying new OSX version developments are on a 12-18 month cycle, so if they are going to keep to this schedule, they would have to make some announcements regarding 10.6, but I doubt that is gonna happen.

iLife was updated last summer, so they could still update it after about a year, but I wouldn't mind an MWSF update, either. People keep complaining about missing features of iMovie, so it would be nice if they added some of them back.

As the rumor mill suggests, the new version of iPhone could be announced along with the third party app support.

Montevino is supposed to be introduced in June, I think, so WWDC is probably too early for a hardware update.

roger6106

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
Resolution Independence

I'm not seeing anything regarding resolution independence. Has Apple given up on it?

gcortega

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2007
I really don't think they're going to release new macbooks and macbook pro's so soon. I wish they would though :(

L3X

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2006
Chesapeake, VA
I don't see the iPhone being talked about at all at WWDC. It's been out for a year and it's been losing it's "sizzle."

iPhone supplies are low and carriers abroad are even offering discounts on the iPhones.

All signs point to the unpopularity of the iPhone and Apple picking itself up from an unsuccessful business venture and moving on to something else.

;)

dehgenog

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2004
Lest we forget that the original iMac was announced at WWDC. The types of products usually announced at this or that Apple event do not mean we won't get a surprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.