Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I have run into this problem many times. I'm working on a project in something like photoshop, or whatever and I choose a font that only goes up to size 24. What if I am working on a poster or something? That font is not large enough at all..Would I have any options.? I was thinking maybe I could go into Illustrator and make that font layer a vector then I could increase it? What would you guys do? If anything.... thanks

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Not sure I've ever encountered a font with the limitation you described.
Assuming this limitation does in fact exist with some fonts, create the text object in Illustrator at what ever size you have to, then convert it to outlines (vector object) and scale it.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I have run into this problem many times. I'm working on a project in something like photoshop, or whatever and I choose a font that only goes up to size 24. What if I am working on a poster or something? That font is not large enough at all..Would I have any options.? I was thinking maybe I could go into Illustrator and make that font layer a vector then I could increase it? What would you guys do? If anything.... thanks

I've never heard of a font having a size limitation, but if I came across the problem I would type whatever I needed in AI and convert it to outlines. Then import it into PS as a Smart Object and scale to your heart's content. Or even better, do the whole thing in AI and place any images you've altered in PS into your AI file.

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
What size is your canvas on your projects? It could be in scale in comparison to what ever canvas size you are working with.

stargurl84

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
PA
Illustrator could take care of that I would think...I've never seen a font with a size lim. either

Infinitygraphix

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
font type ?

isn't it an - old - bitmap font ?

That would explain everything... Try to use Open Type or True type fonts...

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
sorry . to clear things up i had been using photoshop. now i know better... hehe...illustrator from now on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.