Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rental01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I look at the PS3 and know from the bruises on my arm that my wife won't let me buy one, and I look at the Indy game that I play every time I find a few minutes in front of a PS3 kiosk and I wonder if there's one available that was any good for the 360. Sure, the myriad of racing games available for the 360 are all kinds of fun and the NASCAR games are challenging (read: near impossible w/o a wheel) but I'm looking for a graphically pleasing yet precise Indy racing game for the 360. I prefer to have a more recent game and I know the Indy Racing Legends is coming out soon but I'd like something that's along the lines of the NASCAR style of simulation games but built around the IRL circuit.

1) Do these games exist and I'm either searching-challenged or just not seeing them?
2) If so, what are your thoughts on them?
3) In other news - list a few of your other favorite racing games. I LOVE Excite Truck and PGR 4. :)

thegreatunknown

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
don't really know the answer to your question without using google however I believe Formula 1 has a contract specifically for Sony only video games I believe, not sure about the Indy circuit.

I love me some PGR and MarioKart.

Rental01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm at work and this is the only place that I think about searching but this is also the only place where everything I do is completely locked down. I looked on gamefly and found nothing and quick searches elsewhere have given me the same. I'm not willing to buy a PS3 at the cost of my marriage or my life, even though the game is totally sweet.

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart Wii. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.