Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
This is really getting to be a PITA. The biggest problem is police officers and security guards that are ignorant of what the law actually is. The practical aspect of the problem isn't the law - it's the hassles that are associated with challenging the ignorance of the law by those law enforcement officials. In confrontations like those, you can insist on your rights, and you'll probably win in the end, but it will likely take a trip "downtown" to get it sorted out.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I think it's gotten ridiculous that they can become up in arms about someone taking a photograph when we are constantly being filmed in public places.

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
what is going on in the world

Hey all,

After reading this I am shocked at how stupid things have gotten now taking pictures this is getting out of hand. I will stand up to anyone who says I cant take pictures:mad: if thats going to be the case we might as well just stop selling cameras al together this is just C%^%P

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
This is getting silly now, terrorism is the reason for everything being banned now.

iBlue has hit it on the head - real double standards, with numerous CCTVs in UK streets and shops (which citizens voted for those to be placed??), and then God forbid, someone should take several pictures of a (minor) celebrity!!! SHE might be a terrorist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.