:D

mischief
May 7, 2002, 05:47 PM
Silver label Tequila
Midori
blue curacao
lime juice
mix

The proportions are proprietary and lets just say you'll want to stay where you are once you've had one.... You'll know when it's right cuz the colour'll be the same as the "Universal X-Files Alien Biotech Glow"

Taft
May 7, 2002, 05:48 PM
I like it cool, not cold. Either cheap or expensive. Thick or thin (no lite please). Anytime, anywhere.

Give me beer and I'm a happy man.

Taft

MacAztec
May 7, 2002, 05:52 PM
Well, I am 7 years under the legal drinking age, soo!

Hook me up with a Gatorade, a water, and I will be fine.

I am also a really big fan of milk.

eyelikeart
May 7, 2002, 05:56 PM
:p in order of importance...

coffee
water
diet coke
red wine (good stuff...not cheap *****)
vodka (kettle one, absolut)

spuncan
May 7, 2002, 06:08 PM
Darn 14y.o.ness I hate American Liquor Laws. I'd like a few of the Europeans here to confirm something I've heard. If ur with a parent in England will a bartender serve u a certain (restricted) amount of alcholic beverage? I know u guys have a lower age 16? Truly if this was implemented here I think alot of the underage & 21yo binge drinking would seize.
So on with my favs.
Coffee (MMM Puerto Rican roast)
Coke
Jolt/Redbull (late nights)
GingerAle
Rootbeer

menoinjun
May 7, 2002, 06:11 PM
I've found that vodka martinis with Grey Goose are good. 2 olives please!
Then some old fashioned JD over ice is great after a meal or with a cigar.
For heavy drinking though, Rolling Rock or some other decent generic beer.

Try this though...Blavod. It's black vodka. Straight it's not that great, but mix it with anything and you get a cool looking, great tasting drink. You can mix a heavy drink with it because it loses the alcoholic taste when mixed.

Blavod + equal part OJ = Pete's Nuclear Meltdown. (you'll know why when you see it)

Blavod + cranberry + ice = Pete's umm...cranberry and vodka. :)

-Pete

Vilacr
May 7, 2002, 06:14 PM
Gatorade, coke and water

britboy
May 7, 2002, 06:21 PM
Long island ice tea. nice....
Hot chocholat with baileys
water

my 3 favourite. Coffee's nice, but only to help wake up.

mischief
May 7, 2002, 06:24 PM
This'll take the blah off the tail end of a High, an evening or cheap, nasty, Bale-bruised Mexi.

Vodka
RedBull
OJ
Ginseng Extract (siberian)
Goldenseal extract

Works good.;) :p :D Tastes nasty.

macstudent
May 7, 2002, 06:27 PM
Miller High Life is the beer
Brandy Old Fashioned Sour for the mixed drink

King Cobra
May 7, 2002, 06:29 PM
I heard that Pepsi will be making a new line of products with their liquid completely BLUE! (I saw this on the All News Channel). It looks a lot like car washing detergent...

Well, I would rather stick with Starbucks coffee and a few other common beverages. :)

Any time is a great time for iPod.

macaddict123k
May 7, 2002, 06:58 PM
water-alot 3-5 gallons a day
gatorade- 1 gallon a day
milk- 1/2 gallon a day
dr.pepper- maybe once or twice a month

MacAztec
May 7, 2002, 06:59 PM
4 1/2 to 7 1/2 gallons of liquid a day?!?

Holy gosh man, you must be pissing all the time!

AlphaTech
May 7, 2002, 07:07 PM
Murfey's Irish Stout
Boddington's ale
Caffrey's ale
good red wine (no cheap ***** here either)
coffee (hot and cold variations)
coke
pepsi
water
juices

It all depends on what is on hand and where I am, and having at the time.

Beej
May 7, 2002, 07:27 PM
Jack Daniels
Coke
Jack Daniels & Coke

;)

Sure I like the more expensive bourbons, but hey, I'm a Uni student, so let's be realistic about what I can afford...

Rower_CPU
May 7, 2002, 07:30 PM
Beer: Guinness, Newcastle, ports, stouts...no "lite" beer, thank you very much
Wine: depends on the meal
Hard stuff: mixed (I'm not much on having mine straight up)
Water
Milk

vitruvius
May 7, 2002, 07:57 PM
Im a Coffeeholic
about 6-7 cups a day!!:D

eyelikeart
May 7, 2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mischief
This'll take the blah off the tail end of a High, an evening or cheap, nasty, Bale-bruised Mexi.

Vodka
RedBull
OJ
Ginseng Extract (siberian)
Goldenseal extract

Works good.;) :p :D Tastes nasty.

it's bad enough that I mix RedBull with vodka already...but that concoction could kill a horse!!! :eek: :D

kmsawyer
May 7, 2002, 08:24 PM
Chai latte w/ skim. Yum. :cool:

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 08:35 PM
mountain dew (code red also)
coke

kool-aid. best flavor is grape berry splash. though most of them are very good.

orange juice and grape juice are good.

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Well, I would rather stick with Starbucks coffee and a few other common beverages. :)

starbucks makes me sick.

King Cobra
May 7, 2002, 08:40 PM
I think that it matters which blend you get. I tried the house blend and I nearly did get sick. I have decided from then that I should only have morning blend or something served from restaurants.

Macette
May 7, 2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

starbucks makes me sick.

agreed.

'starbucks coffee' is an oxymoron.

but then in melbourne, we are spoilt for choice... (and we now have starbucks too, *sigh*)

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I think that it matters which blend you get. I tried the house blend and I nearly did get sick. I have decided from then that I should only have morning blend or something served from restaurants.

well i had some caramel mocha blah blah blah. my friend got it for me. it made me sick..

oh, and i didn't just mean that it makes me physically sick. starbucks the sickening corporation also makes me sick.

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Macette
but then in melbourne, we are spoilt for choice... (and we now have starbucks too, *sigh*)

that's cool that you got a starbucks... i guess they figured "hey, we've got one every 10 feet in manhattan, let's take our money grubbing hands to australia!!!"

ha. no more about starbucks.

i'd rather talk about favorite kool-aid flavors. ha

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 09:05 PM
Starbucks sucks. We have a great little private coffee house that roasts its own beans, never tasted better. If you're ever in Washington DC, take a side trip to Old Town Alexandria and go and have a cup at Misha's on Patrick St and King St. Its worth the trip.

Besides coffee, I'll have several glasses of water.

For dinner its usually wine. We got any wine drinkers out there? Its almost worth another thread if there are enough. I'm liking some of the Zinfindels lately.

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Starbucks sucks. We have a great little private coffee house that roasts its own beans, never tasted better. If you're ever in Washington DC, take a side trip to Old Town Alexandria and go and have a cup at Misha's on Patrick St and King St. Its worth the trip.

good ole old town alexandria...

i used to live in annandale and also north springfield... the good old days.

cornelius
May 7, 2002, 09:14 PM
mountain dew
heineken beer after a few spliffs :)
bacardi limon w/cranberi juice,orange, or straight
Pasoa w/orange
Vodka Finlandia w/orange,or 7up
Budweiser (cheap ****)
Iced Tea
Bacardi 151 w/coke or straight

-Im from PR, drinking age 18 but no one follows it. Home of the Bacardi, PR.
And yeah now im in the US,drinking age 21, but hey, photoshop makes wonders.

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 09:15 PM
How long ago? Have you ever been to Misha's? It used to be called Koffi House. Have you been back lately?

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 09:24 PM
How long ago? Have you ever been to Misha's? It used to be called Koffi House. Have you been back lately?

the last time i was in the area i went to a club... but i forget what it was called. i saw glen phillips play... but the club was 21+ so i wasn't allowed in, though i was able to get part way in by selling t shirts for him in the entrance way...

as for misha's/koffi house... i haven't heard of them. then again, i'm not a coffee drinker. and i lived in the area when i was... like 12 or so, ie... 1994?

my older bros went to bishop o'connel and bishop ireton... i went to st. michael's grade school in annandale. i was too young to know the geography all that well though, so i'm not sure how close exactly where i lived was to old town... like 20 mins drive if i recall?

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 09:33 PM

my older bros went to bishop o'connel and bishop ireton... i went to st. michael's grade school in annandale. i was too young to know the geography all that well though, so i'm not sure how close exactly where i lived was to old town... like 20 mins drive if i recall?

Anandale is about 20 minutes only if the traffic is light. Forget getting that if its during rush hour.

Bishop Ireton is righ on the west side of Old Town, not really in Old Town proper off of Dukestreet (ha, that's were I use to live, big surprise, right?). I'm living on the south east of Old Town now, about six blocks from the water (Potomac River) right next to St. Mary's. Being a Catholic boy I'm thinking you might remember that school.

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 09:42 PM
right next to St. Mary's. Being a Catholic boy I'm thinking you might remember that school.

ha. i played those bastards in basketball all the time... they had some good players. i remember, cause i had a great seat on the bench.

i lived on heming avenue in north springfield, and then on elgar. as well as piedmont place (i think) right off braddock road, near where ravensworth hits it...

at least that's how i remember it from when i was 12ish.

i've heard (and seen a bit) about the horrendous traffic... i used to think NoVA was a much better suburban area than northern nj (i moved from nova to nj) but maybe that has changed... it didn't seem bad when i was there, but maybe i just wasn't driving so i did't notice. how long you been there? all your life?

eyelikeart
May 7, 2002, 10:38 PM
For dinner its usually wine. We got any wine drinkers out there? Its almost worth another thread if there are enough. I'm liking some of the Zinfindels lately.

oh hell yeah!! :p

bring it on duke!

Mr. Anderson
May 7, 2002, 10:46 PM
ha. i played those bastards in basketball all the time... they had some good players. i remember, cause i had a great seat on the bench.

how long you been there? all your life?

My nephew played at St. Mary's, I'm not sure what team he was on, but he lived in Viena. He's a Sophmore at UVA right now.

I've been in Alexandria for 9 years now, right out of college. I grew up in Connecticut, near NY, my dad used to take the train everyday to the city.

Hey Eye, I'll start a mac and wine thread, see where it leads us.

eyelikeart
May 7, 2002, 11:06 PM
Hey Eye, I'll start a mac and wine thread, see where it leads us.

I have a feeling it won't go to far....but whatever.... :rolleyes: :cool:

jelloshotsrule
May 7, 2002, 11:11 PM
My nephew played at St. Mary's, I'm not sure what team he was on, but he lived in Viena. He's a Sophmore at UVA right now.

I've been in Alexandria for 9 years now, right out of college. I grew up in Connecticut, near NY, my dad used to take the train everyday to the city.

hmm interesting, as he's about my age, so it would've been close.

i lived in north springfield from like 1984-88, korea 88-90, and then again in VA from 90-93. during the latter visit, i lived in 3 different houses (in n.springfield and annandale) all within a few miles of each other though. then i had to move to northern nj... the garbage state... ha

teabgs
May 7, 2002, 11:44 PM
Coke
Coffee
Water
Beer

Simplicity my friends, simplicity...

teabgs
May 7, 2002, 11:49 PM
Sorry for the double post but I didnt read the entire thread B4 my previous post....

I'm from outside of DC origionally...Montgomery County, MD. I'll be going tomoorow night actually for a videography gig. Eh, I'm a student, need the money. I'll be away from my mac for almost a week...and with my family, argh! So, I'll prolly go for coffee with friends sometime...

On a cooler note: I saw Nelson Mandela today! he got out of a car 8 feet away from me going into NYU's library. I didnt even know he was gonna be there but was on my way from the subway to a bakery....So many random cool stuff happens in NYC. :D

krossfyter
May 8, 2002, 01:10 AM
i lived in DC from 83-87.

lived on bolling air force base... went to school at mogodney (sp?) elementry school.

im down with....

diet dr pepper
diet 7 up
water
gatorade
red wine
coffee
bubble drinks (with them tapioca balls in them)
----- i can only get these in Austin at this vegetarin joint called "Veggie Heaven" or something like that.

cb911
May 8, 2002, 01:32 AM
my favourites:
coffee
Pepsi

3rdpath
May 8, 2002, 01:47 AM
can't move ten feet without my morning coffee-6 cups.

then its lotsa water all day until i splurge with a dr. pepper. then back to water.

depending on dinner-sometimes wine( red only ), a beer ( becks dark or negro modelo or tecate with salt and lime), and for after dinner if its a festive evening-a nice port with a maduro cigar( hoyo barron).

and sundays usaully call for a bombay sapphire martini( dirty/bruised) with a cigar( R&J bully)

and veuve , anytime, anyplace.:D

gerror
May 8, 2002, 02:46 AM
Water,
Coke, NOT Pepsi
Beer, especially the Belgium ones. Like Palm or Chouffe.

Gerror

iGav
May 8, 2002, 04:31 AM
My life support system contains the following.....

Recreation Drinks:

Strongbow (Liquid Gold)
Cafferys
Coke (not Pepsi)
Water (lots of)
Skimmed milk (lots of)

Kick Ar*s Drinks:

Strongbow (It's just so nice)
Japanese Slipper (luminous green cocktail)
Aftershock (Blue and Red)
Smirnoff Black
Absinthe (the proper stuff, not the watered down crap!!)
Binky Slinky Cocktail
Southern Comfort
Fine white wines (California and South African are my fav's)

Ultimately I'll try anything once!! hick!! :p

3rdpath
May 8, 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

Absinthe (the proper stuff, not the watered down crap!!
:p

correct me if i'm wrong ( like i even need to ask for that at THIS site....:D )

but i don't think absinthe is legal here in the states.

whats it like? is it worth an exploratory trip? pun intended.

iGav
May 8, 2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath

correct me if i'm wrong ( like i even need to ask for that at THIS site....:D )

but i don't think absinthe is legal here in the states.

whats it like? is it worth an exploratory trip? pun intended.

I know, I only recently realised that it is illegal in the states, you poor, poor soles....... that's why I like living in London!!!

In London, some of the finer establishments sell it...... although you do have to hunt the quality stuff down i.e 70% + as it's relatively easy to get anything below that.....

Well I like it....... I even have my own absinthe spoon, that is required to safely set the thing on fire, without incinerating both yourself and anyone within the blast radius!!!

It's a funky coloured green, has an almost Licorice taste, although I have never had Licorice so I couldn't say how close it is.....

If u'r dum enough, take it neat, otherwise you'll need, a measure of absinthe, sugar and a minature jar of water, 1 match, and the special spoon, put the sugar on the spoon, soak the sugar with absinthe, then set it on fire, wait for it to caramelise the sugar, then tip the flaming spoon into the glass, the whole thing goes up in flames, a slight dousing of water to put the flames out, stir like crazy and then knock back as fast as you can..... (the last section should take about 2-3 seconds, so as not to burn off unecessary absinthe....

After 5 or 6 of these........ the world will have altered quite dramatically..... and will be spinning much much faster, and all women look great too!! actually so do most men... so be careful!! :p

I know Eye is wanting some quite badly!!! :D :p

Macrumors Convention in my favourite absinthe bar in London anyone??? :D ;) :p

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 10:26 AM
Absinthe (the proper stuff, not the watered down crap!!)

I'm telling ya iGAV....I'm hunting u down when I get to Europe!!!

btw...I forgot to give props to skim milk & oj earlier... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2002, 10:31 AM

In London, some of the finer establishments sell it...... although you do have to hunt the quality stuff down i.e 70% + as it's relatively easy to get anything below that.....

It's a funky coloured green, has an almost Licorice taste, although I have never had Licorice so I couldn't say how close it is.....

What's in it? I seem to remember its more than just alcohol. Didn't Van Gogh cut his ear off under the absinthe influence?

OOH! never mind, I found a good link.

http://www.mgm.com/deceiver/stories/absinthe.html

In the period from l875 to l913 theannual consumption of absinthe per inhabitant in France, increased fifteen times, French men and women consuming 10.5 million gallons of absinthe in l913. Statistically, correlation's were quickly developing between absinthe drinking and neurological disorders, stillbirths, and cases of psychosis, often coupled with abhorrent crimes.

Not exactly the safest thing, now is it? I think I'll pass....

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 10:33 AM

I know Eye is wanting some quite badly!!! :D :p

Macrumors Convention in my favourite absinthe bar in London anyone??? :D ;) :p

u must have felt my presence iGAV...

I can attest to having tried the legal stuff here in the states called "Absente"...needless to say...I wasn't impressed...

so I'm waiting till the day I get my lips on some real stuff...

the green fairy is calling I tell ya....why do u think my eye is green?! ;)

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 10:35 AM

What's in it? I seem to remember its more than just alcohol. Didn't Van Gogh cut his ear off under the absinthe influence?

OOH! never mind, I found a good link.

http://www.mgm.com/deceiver/stories/absinthe.html

Not exactly the safest thing, now is it? I think I'll pass....

it's the wormwood duke....it's chemically similar to what u find in marijuana....thujone...

and no that's not my bag...but absinthe has had my curiosity for years...

iGav
May 8, 2002, 10:45 AM
There's alot of scary stories going around about Absinthe and it's true capabilities....... Personally I get on rather well with it.........

And yep Van Gogh did get alittle creative with it.... :p

A really top drink I love is Aftershock, man it's like dragster fuel...... whenever I drink this stuff, I get really animated... and getting things pierced....... :p

So you guys have Aftershock in the US?????

P.s Eye you are on man..... when you venture over to lil blighty, we'll go drinking!! ;)

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 10:50 AM
hmm...can u say "stomach turning?"

he he he....I cannot stand cinnamon flavored liquor...it literally makes me feel sick just thinking about them... :eek:

and iGAV....if I can get someone to go with me for a month or so....I'm there....problem is most friends here don't do anything because they spend their money on cr@p most of the time...

gotta find a new travel companion... :( ;)

trinitishwar
May 8, 2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kmsawyer
Chai latte w/ skim. Yum. :cool:

I'm right there with you on that one. Chai lattes are are, how do you say it, hella cool.:p Other than that, lots of water and mint-mate tea.

iGav
May 8, 2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
hmm...can u say "stomach turning?"

he he he....I cannot stand cinnamon flavored liquor...it literally makes me feel sick just thinking about them... :eek:

and iGAV....if I can get someone to go with me for a month or so....I'm there....problem is most friends here don't do anything because they spend their money on cr@p most of the time...

gotta find a new travel companion... :( ;)

Aftershock..... oh baby..... you tried the Cool Blue one?? there're even better when they're mixed.... the skilled bartender uses a reversed spoon, and mixes them so that the bottom half is red, and then it blends into purple then blue..... maybe the most beautiful drink of them all........ :D

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 11:06 AM
I do frequent coffee shops anywhere I go....Starbuck's...CC's (for this in new orleans who know)...

my friends joke with me and call me a beatnick because I do so....and go to art gallery receptions....am "artsy-fartsy"....u know....all that cr@p...

no worries...

green tea is a favorite....also flavored black teas...

my favorite coffee choices are usually a latté w/skim or espresso...he he he ;)

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 11:09 AM
hey man...where's the "Macs & Wines" thread?! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2002, 11:14 AM
hey man...where's the "Macs & Wines" thread?! ;)

I thought you weren't in to this, well, now I'll go do one.:D

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 11:17 AM

I thought you weren't in to this, well, now I'll go do one.:D

oh hell yeah I'm into it!!!

was just saying probably not many will...

but anyway I think jef beat u to it... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2002, 12:07 PM
I went and did a search on all the mac and ..., there have been a bunch, but there are still some we can do. I'll probably post them everyonce in a while, I don't want to have too many going at the same time, sort of dilutes the water....

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 12:20 PM
you're all a bunch of drunken geeks.... ha. :p

burningwheel
May 8, 2002, 12:50 PM
my dad spilled a Bloody Mary into his Power Book. he drained it out and it works fine. i think has was idiot and should have taken it in to get cleaned by a professional

I currently enjoi Faygo's Diet Red Pop

mischief
May 8, 2002, 12:55 PM
I worked in the most respected of the 20-some-odd coffee shops in Santa Cruz County. I can identify varietals by bean shape and size. I can measure a pound by feel. I AM a coffee snob.

Back to the liquor:

Some of my wife's concoctions:

Basic Midori Marguarita

Lemon Drop using Raspberry Stoli

Orange Stoli Martini

All our mixed drinks are made in a frozen shaker with frozen hard liquor and refridgerated mixers so no Ice is needed.

eyelikeart
May 8, 2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by mischief
I worked in the most respected of the 20-some-odd coffee shops in Santa Cruz County. I can identify varietals by bean shape and size. I can measure a pound by feel. I AM a coffee snob.

Back to the liquor:

Some of my wife's concoctions:

Basic Midori Marguarita

Lemon Drop using Raspberry Stoli

Orange Stoli Martini

All our mixed drinks are made in a frozen shaker with frozen hard liquor and refridgerated mixers so no Ice is needed.

so can u judge a person's character based upon their coffee drink of choice?

and that lemon drop w/raspberry stoli sounds deelish...he he he :p

another favorite drink of mine is vanilla stoli w/diet coke

britboy
May 8, 2002, 02:56 PM
you're all a bunch of drunken geeks.... ha. :p

new thread: macs and hangovers :D :D :D

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by britboy

new thread: macs and hangovers :D :D :D

haha. seems like that would be a popular one...

i'll feel so left out. ha

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 09:21 AM
damn...I can't believe this one died out so quickly! :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 09:23 AM
damn...I can't believe this one died out so quickly! :eek:

Well, no side topic was spawned here. It gets kind of dull if everyone just comes in and lists there favorite drink.

Plus there are quite a few 'Mac and ...' out there.

Which reminds me.

eyelikeart
May 9, 2002, 09:26 AM

Well, no side topic was spawned here. It gets kind of dull if everyone just comes in and lists there favorite drink.

Plus there are quite a few 'Mac and ...' out there.

Which reminds me.

ok...new sub-topic.... "Macs & Drunkeness"....he he he :D

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 04:33 PM
eyelikeart is an artsy fartsy?!?!?!

haha. cool.

King Cobra
May 18, 2002, 04:41 PM
HFS!

This thread came back to life! :eek:

I think I will celebrate 400 with Hot Chocolate, being that it just got cold out.

cleo
May 18, 2002, 08:24 PM
Oooer, how did I manage to miss this thread thus far? I have just spent an hour reading up on absinthe (of which I must admit I was completely unaware and ignorant prior to reading this thread) - sounds like fun stuff! I don't really like to drink that much (my system is quite intolerant to alcohol - only takes a fe sips to get woozy, and a few more to have a panic attack) except for good beer, for which I make exceptions occasionally.

My current cold-weather drink favorite is - you'll get a good laugh out of this one - Dunkin' Donuts' Vanilla Chai. It's like 2 bucks a gallon (not really, but it's dirt cheap compared to Starbucks) and is one of the best commercial chais I've had.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the introduction of Vanilla Coke.

jelloshotsrule
May 18, 2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by cleo
I'm also eagerly awaiting the introduction of Vanilla Coke.

i had some today... it's pretty good.

you should be able to get it now.

it's like cream soda basically. not terribly strong vanilla taste. good though.

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 11:53 PM
If you want vanilla coke, its just easier to add a little vanilla extract to the drink, nothing too special. I think there is a burger franchise, Johny Rockets that serves it as a fountain drink, they must use vanilla syrup, anyone know?

MacAztec
May 19, 2002, 12:00 AM

i had some today... it's pretty good.

You drank caffeine?

Shame on you! :p

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
You drank caffeine?

Shame on you! :p

uhh, thanks mom. what?

resm
May 19, 2002, 09:24 AM
at home :
Rivella red (a Swiss Softdrink)
Soya Milk
Red Bull ( the carbonized one)
fresh Milk
100 +
Water
freshly brewed Coffee (on weekends only)

before going out : red Martini on Ice

in Town :
Ice Tea
Southern Comfort w/Coke
white Wine (mostly Australian)

on a Airplane :
white/red wine, cognac ....anything that helps
passing time :D

crazibyte
May 21, 2002, 11:20 PM
Dudes, you guys forgot the most important beverage of the computer fan, Jolt. JOLT!!jolt!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 21, 2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by crazibyte
Dudes, you guys forgot the most important beverage of the computer fan, Jolt. JOLT!!jolt!!!

Nah, never liked the stuff. I'm much happier with a cup of coffee, and less calories but plenty of caffene.:D

Super-Girl
May 21, 2002, 11:33 PM
Dude. Stewart's root beer. No foolin'.

My first post - wheeeee!

me hate windows
May 21, 2002, 11:43 PM
cheap shasta cream soda

krossfyter
May 22, 2002, 12:02 AM
stewarts root beer????

where can you get that? is it common or rare or what the hell?

i wanna taste!

shadowfax0
May 22, 2002, 12:05 AM
LOOZA! Heh heh, it's hard ot find, but I like the mango stuff. Otherwise Bawls is ok for those late-night english papers...and the Malaysian Coffee (Tenten or soemthign like that...) is awesome stuff, it's in these little packets, has the milk, sugar, and coffee all in there. Doesn't taste like regular coffee either, it's some special strain from Asia, much more brown looking :)

shadowfax0
May 22, 2002, 12:08 AM
Hey resm, Rivella! That's amazing, never have I heard ANYONE EVER mention that! I'm partial to the green actually, but last time I was in Switzerland (about 3 months ago) I bought about 4 liters of the red, can't get it anywhere else! Amazing! Where do you live? :D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:11 AM
hey jello....was the vanilla coke regular or diet by chance??

I'd try it out if it's diet...regular soft drinks I keep away from....too much damned sugar...and they taste like....blech...:o

and duke....a bit of vanilla extract does go well with a diet...he he he...

personally....I like mine with a nice fat wedge of lime...:D

krossfyter
May 22, 2002, 12:32 AM
limes rock man.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
limes rock man.

oh hell yeah!! :D

especially when u get bits of pulp all in it...

damn....I want one right now! :D

krossfyter
May 22, 2002, 01:56 AM
heh. i hear ya!

more south from where im at in the place they call
"the valley" they grow some of the bst citrus ....and thier limes are amazing. the difference between them and the average lime is that these limes have a sweet taste with thier sour. they kick man. everytime i manage to get some i eat like 3 or 4 a day with some salt.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
everytime i manage to get some i eat like 3 or 4 a day with some salt.

that's interesting...not sugar...but salt...

u have a few shots of tequila with them as well? ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 09:12 AM

I'd try it out if it's diet...regular soft drinks I keep away from....too much damned sugar...and they taste like....blech...:o

and duke....a bit of vanilla extract does go well with a diet...he he he...

personally....I like mine with a nice fat wedge of lime...:D

The vanilla coke is only regular as far as I know. I haven't seen it in cans in quite some time, though. I try to steer away from soda in general, drink water, iced tea. But every once in a while I'll do a half regular, half diet and it tastes just like a regular, I can't stand the taste of diet sodas.

resm
May 22, 2002, 09:53 AM
well I grow up with Rivella since I am Swiss.....but lucky me here in Singapore where I live now I can get it too....although only in "Swiss" shops/restaurants

and that means only 3 places.

but one of them is 2 min. away from my place :D

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 10:53 AM

it was regular, yeah.

diet tastes too fake to me.

and that fake sugar doesn't do good things to your body. not that too much sugar does, but hey

neut
May 22, 2002, 10:54 AM
mntdew (liquid crack)

rockstar (pure crack)

and lots of water (recovery from dehydration)

just picked up my 64oz MD right now...

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by neut

just picked up my 64oz MD right now...

question is..... regular or code red?

i personally love both,and find it hard to decide when a place has both.

they both have their appropriate occasions.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:02 AM

question is..... regular or code red?

i personally love both,and find it hard to decide when a place has both.

they both have their appropriate occasions.

ugh, I can't drink that crap any more. And the code red, silliness if you ask me. Haven't had any, what's special about it other than the color?

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:16 AM
diet tastes too fake to me.

and that fake sugar doesn't do good things to your body. not that too much sugar does, but hey

I know...my problem is I got completely off soft-drinks for about 7 months...and one day just had a craving for one...and all that was available was a diet coke...so I went for it...

it tasted great...that sugary taste I usually associated with soft-drinks was pretty much gone...the next time I tried a regular...it tasted so nasty...too...too sweet....blech.... :o

cleo
May 22, 2002, 11:17 AM
I picked some up at the store yesterday. Holy crap, I could literally feel th cavities forming as I drank that stuff. It's good, but man is it sweet! I kind of have a caffeine hangover today, too, as it was the first soda I'd had in at least 6 months.

As for making your own... Vanilla extract doesn't hit it exactly. I use vanilla syrup from a coffee place in small doses. I've also tried putting hazelnut syrup in Coke (caffeine free), and that's pretty good, too.

I think I'll go back to drinking my Zephyrhills now, thankyouverymuchnowthatmyteetharefallingout. :D

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 11:22 AM

ugh, I can't drink that crap any more. And the code red, silliness if you ask me. Haven't had any, what's special about it other than the color?

it's got kind of a cherry twist to it.

if you don't like mountain dew, you won't like code red.

but they made a great move putting it out. i love em both.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 11:24 AM

I know...my problem is I got completely off soft-drinks for about 7 months...and one day just had a craving for one...and all that was available was a diet coke...so I went for it...

it tasted great...that sugary taste I usually associated with soft-drinks was pretty much gone...the next time I tried a regular...it tasted so nasty...too...too sweet....blech.... :o

haha. well i'm the type who drinks sweet drinks. especially kool-aid. i pop in a good amount of sugar and boy does it hit the spot.

so as not to post and post and post...

cleo: i didn't notice the sugariness. but then, as i said, i'm used to sweet drinks....

i'll have you know though. i haven't had a cavity in... many years..... good for me! ha

what is that drink you named? zeniowerhiohawperiohwoaiehreroiawh?

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:24 AM
I kind of have a caffeine hangover today, too, as it was the first soda I'd had in at least 6 months.

As for making your own... Vanilla extract doesn't hit it exactly. I use vanilla syrup from a coffee place in small doses. I've also tried putting hazelnut syrup in Coke (caffeine free), and that's pretty good, too.

I wish...I don't even have a really big caffeine intake...but if I don't have my morning cup of java...damn....I feel like the fat lady is sitting on my head...

addiction sucks...he he he...but damn I love coffee!! :D

I like the vanilla extract ok enough....but again...my favorite is lime juice... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:39 AM

I wish...I don't even have a really big caffeine intake...but if I don't have my morning cup of java...damn....I feel like the fat lady is sitting on my head...

addiction sucks...he he he...but damn I love coffee!! :D

Every year I go on a caffene free phase and quit for a month, just to cleanse the body a bit. The first couple days are the worst, nasty hangover that tylenol or advil just don't help. But then I'm fine and actually feeling a little better. But after a couple of weeks I start getting cravings, especially after smelling some coffee roasting/brewing. That has got to be one of the best smells, even if you don't like coffee.:D

Popcorn is another good one.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 11:42 AM
Popcorn is another good one.

ohhh man. i gave up popcorn for lent... it was freaking rough. i usually have some at school like 3 times a week. it's the perfect not quite a meal, but a big snack late night type food.

well, a couple times my roommate had popcorn while i wasn't eating it and it was damn tough with that smell... he tried to eat it by the window to get the smell to go out but it didn't work entirely.. haha

so easter morning my brothers cooked up a bag for me before i woke up. ha

i don't eat it at home so much, but at school it's big for me.

caffeine would be tough, but i don't drink coffee so that might make it a bit easier.... withdrawal symptoms from caffeine is a bit scary indeed.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:52 AM
ah, a fellow popcorn lover.

I've got a really good recipe for making it that will blow you away.

On the stove in a large sauce pan with a lid, fill the bottom of the pan with kernals. Then pour in a good amount of olive oil, the extra virgin hearty stuff, not the light. Turn the stove to high and pop it up, shaking the pan occassionaly, should pop up in less than 4 minutes.

Put it into a shoppig bag and sprinkle salt as you shake the bag up. Maybe get someone to help you the first time, its tricky getting the popcorn in the bag sometimes.

You won't need butter, the olive oil flavors it so it tastes almost like there is butter but much better. And the bag is good too, for getting some of the excess oil off the popcorn.

I make popcorn all the time, I even brought in an old electric fry pan to work so I could make it here.

mmm, good.

Also, chop up some fresh rosemary and add it to the bag at the end, very tasty.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 12:08 PM
wow... that sounds like an interesting type of popcorn... heck, i'm not even sure i have rosemary here. well, my mom might not have it that is...

i will look into that... i don't have extra virgin olive oil i don't think. i'll have to ask my mom...

you sound like a freaking popcorn connoisseur.

i actually love pop secret from the bag myself... but hey, new things never hurt. usually.

cleo
May 22, 2002, 12:20 PM

what is that drink you named? zeniowerhiohawperiohwoaiehreroiawh?

Zephyrhills - it's water that's bottled locally in Florida (from the Zephyrhills springs, surprisingly enough :)). I am the biggest bottled water snob you will ever meet. Most of the time I just drink tap water run through a Brita filter. But if it comes from a bottle, as far as I'm concerned it's Zephyrhills or nothing. That Aquafina crap is horrible, and Dasani is worse. I like Evian, but I can't afford it. :D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:26 PM
But then I'm fine and actually feeling a little better. But after a couple of weeks I start getting cravings, especially after smelling some coffee roasting/brewing. That has got to be one of the best smells, even if you don't like coffee.:D

that's the thing...I basically grew up on coffee...

every since I was a child I've loved the flavor...

it's comforting...relaxing...I've already had mine for the day...but I may want another after lunch... :D

I don't think I'll even bother with trying to ween myself off it...I'll just deal with it...I don't smoke...so that's a plus...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 12:52 PM

Zephyrhills - it's water that's bottled locally in Florida (from the Zephyrhills springs, surprisingly enough :)). I am the biggest bottled water snob you will ever meet.

I've had it when I was down there. You know, I don't think I could ever tell the difference...I'm going to have to do a taste test some time.

My all time favorite, mostly because its so absurd, is Fiji Water. I first had this when I was actually in Fiji, its pretty tasty, great bottle. Then a year or so later it started showing up in the states. I couldn't figure out how it could be transported all the way from Fiji and still cost no more than other brands, but it does say its bottled in Fiji, so who knows.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 12:56 PM
wow... that sounds like an interesting type of popcorn... heck, i'm not even sure i have rosemary here. well, my mom might not have it that is...

Ha, you say interesting now, wait till you taste it. I'll make you a special batch if you ever come down to visit.

Use fresh rosemary, not the dried stuff. We have a huge bush in the back yard, its great I use it all the time when I cook. It might well be my favorite spice/herb. Sometimes along with the rosemary I might put some thyme as well (again, in the garden). Mmmm, good. I'd have to make some up today, but we're having guest for dinner tonight, don't want to stink up the whole house.

Bertolli's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is good, get a little bottle at the store and give it a try. Use enough so that it spreads out over the whole bottom of the pan and is more than just a glazing, maybe 1/10 of an inch at the bottom. The extra comes off in the bag, like I said, but you want to get the flavor. And olive oil is good for you. I'm a bit of a Olive Oil snob, I've got about 12 different bottles from all over the world that I use for different flavors in my cooking. I have this extra virgin hand bottled stuff from Morocco, wow, awesome. Really good in making authentic tajine! Can't just do it with the regular stuff.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry...

but that name just sounds like a venereal disease!! :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 01:47 PM
Ha, you say interesting now, wait till you taste it. I'll make you a special batch if you ever come down to visit.

Use fresh rosemary, not the dried stuff. We have a huge bush in the back yard, its great I use it all the time when I cook. It might well be my favorite spice/herb. Sometimes along with the rosemary I might put some thyme as well (again, in the garden). Mmmm, good. I'd have to make some up today, but we're having guest for dinner tonight, don't want to stink up the whole house.

Bertolli's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is good, get a little bottle at the store and give it a try. Use enough so that it spreads out over the whole bottom of the pan and is more than just a glazing, maybe 1/10 of an inch at the bottom. The extra comes off in the bag, like I said, but you want to get the flavor. And olive oil is good for you. I'm a bit of a Olive Oil snob, I've got about 12 different bottles from all over the world that I use for different flavors in my cooking. I have this extra virgin hand bottled stuff from Morocco, wow, awesome. Really good in making authentic tajine! Can't just do it with the regular stuff.

hmm. now i'm becoming very interested... i'll see what my mom has and if need be we can get some. maybe i'll do that this weekend when my girlfriend comes to visit...

another fnny thing about p-corn. me and my brother have this joke with my dad that he (my dad) makes the greatest popcorn ever. he uses kernels and adds butter and salt. basically, me and my bro are just lazy and want him to do it for us... he does make a mean batch though.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry...

but that name just sounds like a venereal disease!! :eek:

that's kind what i was thinking..... so i just said "zeoijhoihiaowerre" ha.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 02:10 PM

another fnny thing about p-corn. me and my brother have this joke with my dad that he (my dad) makes the greatest popcorn ever. he uses kernels and adds butter and salt. basically, me and my bro are just lazy and want him to do it for us... he does make a mean batch though.

I've yet to taste buttered popcorn that taste as good in my opinion, but it is possible. Let me know how it works out, and I'd recommend testing out the process before submitting it to your girlfriend.;)

cleo
May 22, 2002, 06:10 PM
I went out once with a girl who drank diet celery soda. Talk about vile...

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/drbrowns/

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 06:29 PM
I went out once with a girl who drank diet celery soda. Talk about vile...

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/drbrowns/

hmm....right....diet celery soda?! :eek: :confused: :D

whatever happened to simple things....like V8? ;)

jefhatfield
May 22, 2002, 06:30 PM
omg-'ess

you are a macrumors demi-goddess...that is so cool

and you are really close to 500 so you can have an avatar

...i tried different things but had dukestreet finally make one for me...he is building up quite a portfolio here

cleo
May 22, 2002, 06:35 PM

Ewwwwwwwww! I hate - absolutely *detest* - V8. I think it's the texture of it, and the fact that it's salty as hell.

The V8 fruit juices, though - that's some good stuff.

cleo
May 22, 2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
omg-'ess

you are a macrumors demi-goddess...that is so cool

and you are really close to 500 so you can have an avatar

...i tried different things but had dukestreet finally make one for me...he is building up quite a portfolio here

I'm hoping to hit 500 tomorrow... I spent most of today working on a series of avatars. They're not quite as snazzy as Duke's (ok, nowhere *near* as snazzy), but I think they have personality. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:19 AM

That just sounds nasty. But there is a health food bar in Arlington that serves all sorts of health shakes. One of the things you can get is a shot of wheat grass extract. They have a little machine there that crushes fresh wheat grass and the juice dribbles down into a shot glass, which you usually put in you shake along with all the other normal things.

Well, curiousity got me, I had to see what it tasted like.

You know what it smells like right after you mow the lawn and then empty the lawnmover bag? Well it smelled like that and it tasted like I had just licked the inside of the lawnmower bag. Eewyuck! Liquid grass is still grass, I don't know what I was thinking.....:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 10:04 AM

I've yet to taste buttered popcorn that taste as good in my opinion, but it is possible. Let me know how it works out, and I'd recommend testing out the process before submitting it to your girlfriend.;)

ehh, i won't have time to test it. and she won't care much one way or the other. as long as she gets to see me... :p

she'll be sick to her stomach and wont' be hungry i mean.. haha

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 10:05 AM
That just sounds nasty. But there is a health food bar in Arlington that serves all sorts of health shakes. One of the things you can get is a shot of wheat grass extract. They have a little machine there that crushes fresh wheat grass and the juice dribbles down into a shot glass, which you usually put in you shake along with all the other normal things.

You know what it smells like right after you mow the lawn and then empty the lawnmover bag? Well it smelled like that and it tasted like I had just licked the inside of the lawnmower bag. Eewyuck! Liquid grass is still grass, I don't know what I was thinking.....:eek:

they've got that stuff in the veggie restaurants i've been to. never bothered trying it. first, it's expensive, second, i'd rather not lick the inside of a lawnmower bag... haha. they have some other fruits/veggies that seem more palatable. but still nothing i'd be too big on.

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 10:07 AM
she'll be sick to her stomach and wont' be hungry i mean.. haha

You get that response from a lot of women?:D

like the sig, btw

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 10:14 AM

You get that response from a lot of women?:D

like the sig, btw

i used to. but when i found her... get this, she was attracted to me!!!!

in fact, she was the one who basically seduced me as when we first met, she had a boyfriend (she was on the verge of dumping him). when she finally did, we spent more time together, but i was still not making any moves. like 2 weeks later she kissed me. what the $*#%??? that's not supposed to happen to me! ha

anyhoo, she makes me just wear a paper bag over my head.

the sig is a lyric from a band "hot water music" good stufff.

DavidOS
May 23, 2002, 10:20 AM
COLD water - it's so damn good, and good for you!

joshb
May 23, 2002, 10:40 AM
Iced Chai
Jones Soda

and for late night coding:
coffee
BAWLS
Red Bull
Mountain Dew AMP
Normal Mountain Dew
and of course
some Whoop Ass
(www.thinkgeek.com check out the caffine section)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 10:44 AM
first, it's expensive, second, i'd rather not lick the inside of a lawnmower bag... haha.

That is something I don't get. After tasting it I thought that it was bad and expensive, they should drop the price, they might be able to get more people to try it. Maybe they figure if you think its really good for because its expensive you'll try it. I think the shock of paying that much for it makes you forget how bad it actually was.

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:50 AM
aaahhhh.... :D

I'm sipping on my morning cup as I type...

yes I did make in to work late....sorry...

nothing like a strong cup of coffee to awaken the senses....

one thing I hate about traveling...in most cases the coffee....unless actually from Starbuck's or somewhere similar...tastes like dirty water... :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 10:51 AM
That is something I don't get. After tasting it I thought that it was bad and expensive, they should drop the price, they might be able to get more people to try it. Maybe they figure if you think its really good for because its expensive you'll try it. I think the shock of paying that much for it makes you forget how bad it actually was.

haha. well, taht wasn't the case when i had starbucks the one and only time... hmm

i'm trying to remember the other drinks they offer.... that didn't sound as bad. but i forget.

i guess, carrot, celery, wheat grass.... broccoli? no... was it? ahh. i hate not being able to remember.

cleo
May 23, 2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DavidOS
COLD water - it's so damn good, and good for you!

Actually, it's really better for your digestive system to drink cool to room temperature water. When's it's too cold it can give you nasty cramps.

(Just Another Useless Cleo Fact of the Day)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 11:07 AM
Actually, it's really better for your digestive system to drink cool to room temperature water. When's it's too cold it can give you nasty cramps.

I love it when I take a drink of cold water and I can feel it going down to my stomach, like a cool wave through the inside of my body. Ahhh.

Never had cramps from drinking ice water. Have had the brain freeze from drinking slurpee like drinks too fast though....

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 11:08 AM

(Just Another Useless Cleo Fact of the Day)

that may be true...however...

for those who are dieting...cold water is better than warm...your body actually burns a small amount of calories when heating it to the same temp as your body...

useles information from eye... ;)

hmm....I think I'll create a thread on useless info...thanks cleo!! :D

Macmaniac
May 23, 2002, 11:50 AM
Apple Juice!!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Apple Juice!!!!

Hahahahaha, now why didn't we see this coming....:D

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 12:00 PM

Hahahahaha, now why didn't we see this coming....:D

apple juice is killer...ever notice it gets colder in the fridge then any other fruit juice??

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 12:05 PM

apple juice is killer...ever notice it gets colder in the fridge then any other fruit juice??

Physical speaking, that's not possible. If you had a glass of water and a glass of apple juice and put them in the fridge at the same time and came back in a few hours, they would be the exact same temp. What you are attributing to being colder is the fact that is a little denser and has slightly different rates of heat transfer properties than the other juices so it stays colder longer once you take a sip.

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 12:10 PM

Physical speaking, that's not possible. If you had a glass of water and a glass of apple juice and put them in the fridge at the same time and came back in a few hours, they would be the exact same temp. What you are attributing to being colder is the fact that is a little denser and has slightly different rates of heat transfer properties than the other juices so it stays colder longer once you take a sip.

hmm....ok...

in so many words....it seems to be colder than most liquids... ;)

I like simmering apple juice in mulling spices to make cider...nice for winter...even though we do not really get much winter here...

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 12:11 PM
haha dang. leave it to duke to show you the science behind what you're experiencing...

shouldn't that go in the useless information thread? c'mon now. ha

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 12:18 PM

in so many words....it seems to be colder than most liquids... ;)

I like simmering apple juice in mulling spices to make cider...nice for winter...even though we do not really get much winter here...

But its not possible!!! Sheesh, your showing your artist side. I'm unfortunately an engineer/scientist/artist and add to that a huge curiousity about everything, I can get a little bogged down in the details.

Mulling spices are great, add a little rum or wine and its a nice drink when its snowing out and you're sitting in front of the fire....

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 12:27 PM

But its not possible!!! Sheesh, your showing your artist side. I'm unfortunately an engineer/scientist/artist and add to that a huge curiousity about everything, I can get a little bogged down in the details.

Mulling spices are great, add a little rum or wine and its a nice drink when its snowing out and you're sitting in front of the fire....

OK! OK! OK! that whole leftside/rightside thinking thing... :rolleyes:

I've never actually added anything to the cider though...I've thought of a splash of bourbon though...