PDA

View Full Version : Official iPod Breakout Record!

King Cobra
May 7, 2002, 06:50 PM
Man, I feel $30 richer! I just checked

http://www.applestudentdevelopers.org/features/iPodContest/index.php

about 10 minutes ago and I have been estatic! I should have a plaque engraved in gold lettering for me, like the one I just designed in Appleworks down below.

I am just wondering how am I going to receive my check anyways? Do I get a notice through email, by phone, or does the check just come to the house?

MacAztec
May 7, 2002, 07:01 PM
Man, wait till I get an iPod. I will double that score :D

King Cobra
May 7, 2002, 08:12 PM
You know, it is interesting to see that only teenagers here at the forums are interested in such a fun game. And Breakout is a really cool game. It is probably just that so many others might want to do this but don't have the time. But doesn't it feel great to be a kid again and play those famous games, like on the Mac 128k? (I do not have one, but I am sure than it is a cool product.)

Just one note, Aztec. You seem to have a year's worth of a lack of experience, and making even 1400 is hard to do.

But I am always up for competition. If someone beats my record, post that, and I will try to beat that. But I am not making you a plaque, Aztec. :)

So my question still stands, how do I claim my prize?

Any time is a great time for iPod.

mc68k
May 8, 2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
So my question still stands, how do I claim my prize?

Patience. They say it's coming in the mail. Your record will have competition though, bet on it. There's enough bored teenagers to go around. iPod or English class? Hmmmmm……

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I should have a plaque engraved in gold lettering for me, like the one I just designed in Appleworks down below.

if that's how you wanna blow the 30 bucks, then by all means... you earned it.

seems like a waste to me..

King Cobra
May 8, 2002, 08:11 PM
I would like to spend time with the iPod and attracting certain people with the songs now than taking English. If my English teachers are reading this I will get flamed pretty badly...

And, I know, $30 does not seem like a whole lot, but it is better than getting nothing. And I refused to send in my old record of 1348 and get a $5 check in the mail. I wanted to go for the gold.

I wonder if this $30 check is a rebate or a gift certificate for some books for Barnes & Nobles... :)

Any time is a great time for iPod.

D0ct0rteeth
Dec 30, 2002, 01:36 AM
After a bout of insomnia tonight I felt the need to bust out the ipod and see how i could do.

I was proud of breaking 750 so i dug up this old thread... You guys are insane. Great job.

your records are secure as far as i am concerned :)

-Doc

austincpy
Jan 28, 2003, 12:39 AM
hey, i'm thirteen, had my iPod for a year on February 7th, and i just pass 1500. soon, i'll be there, so be careful:D :D

austincpy
Jan 28, 2003, 12:40 AM
i just reread my post, and i sound totally idiotic and slow. sorry lol!:p

rainman::|:|
Jan 28, 2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by austincpy
i just reread my post, and i sound totally idiotic and slow. sorry lol!:p

you'll fit right in here :D

i've posted stoned b4 (we'll pretend i'm in england), and i'm on nyquil right now, so i'm at least one person you won't out-stupidify...

see? i just said 'out-stupidify'. this is great :)

now, i'm gonna get my iPod going, and i'm going to kick ALL your asses...

well, prolly not...

pnw

King Cobra
Feb 23, 2003, 02:02 PM
I'm willing to bet that most of those, who do well in iPod Breakout also do well in a legit. version of the original 80s Tetris.

Jaykay
Feb 23, 2003, 06:31 PM
I wish i knew about this, my highest score is 1597........

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know this is my fault.

FelixDerKater
Feb 26, 2003, 04:13 PM
How long did you'll spend playing to get up to those scores?

Eniregnat
Feb 26, 2003, 05:44 PM
King Cobra -In 3 years you will be able to drink your namesake beer.
You know, it is interesting to see that only teenagers here at the forums are interested in such a fun game.
Or have time ?

There are those of us that remember the original Brickout on the old Apple][...Apple DOS…ProDos.. Their all dead- it brings me to tears. Sorry, just give me a moment to...

Control-closed Apple- Reset
Beep
Kernal Ok

I feel better now.

I’m glad to see some programmer included an “old” school game. Of course that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth and rotary dial phones were still around.

King Cobra
Mar 1, 2003, 03:40 PM
>(Felix) How long did you'll spend playing to get up to those scores?

For the one score, between one and a half to two hours.

>(Eniregnat) In 3 years you will be able to drink your namesake beer.

I don't plan to drink, otherwise I wouldn't have such scores and JayKay would be kicking my ass at 2000 and something. :D