Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superadium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
So my SR blackbook (purchased Nov 07) is dead. Logic board failure. If Apple can't fix the problem will they give me the upgrade to the newer blackbook with the pyren cpu??

i hope it can't be fixed:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If it was closer to three years, you might be closer to a swap -- but not so soon after the machine got introduced.

superadium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
No, with a model that new they'll have plenty of reserves to give you.

Since I have a few other macs would i be wise to just let this baby sit in the closet all dead for another year, 2 yr before seeing what can be done? no big loss to me it died, but would be nice if i got the better model seeing how apples quality control as of late....isn't the best.

Thetics

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
you might get a "new" refurb, but i doubt ull get a newer model. never hurts to ask though.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Since I have a few other macs would i be wise to just let this baby sit in the closet all dead for another year, 2 yr before seeing what can be done? no big loss to me it died, but would be nice if i got the better model seeing how apples quality control as of late....isn't the best.

Defrauding Apple probably won't win you many friends around here.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
If it is the logic board, they will just replace it. That is what they are doing to my 2.2 Macbook. I brought it in yesterday, will have it back in 2 days.

Stokes

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Or E Gun
They replaced my 2.0GHz SR for a 2.4Ghz P after the second time my display took a dump. They did this at the Apple Store

superadium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
They replaced my 2.0GHz SR for a 2.4Ghz P after the second time my display took a dump. They did this at the Apple Store

awesome!

I paid for a 3 year applecare warranty....its my choice bartelby when to turn it into apple for servicing. I'll hold on to it for a few more months and see how it goes.

that is how the game is played. you drop $2k on a laptop...and it breaks in less than 5 months....they either fix or REPLACE.

khunsanook

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2006
East Asia
awesome!

I paid for a 3 year applecare warranty....its my choice bartelby when to turn it into apple for servicing. I'll hold on to it for a few more months and see how it goes.

that is how the game is played. you drop $2k on a laptop...and it breaks in less than 5 months....they either fix or REPLACE.

I'm sure Apple will happily fix it. Logic board is an easy swap. I wouldn't expect a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.