Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
I stream all my content to my appletv from my iMac. I am constantly adding movies and new tv episodes (daily). Whenever I add a movie (or TV episode) I always have to quit iTunes for them to show up on my appletv. Is this the case for everyone else? It never happened before AppleTV 2.0!!!! Is there a way for me to not have to do this??? Thanks.

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
Just hit the sync now button in iTunes and your new titles should appear on your :apple:TV. (Quitting and restarting iTunes does just this.)

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah sorry, I hit the sync button too otherwise the content list won't be updated on the Apple TV.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I have the most recent 10 movies sync'd, and I notice that once MetaX gets done copying the file into iTunes, the sync starts automagicly. You might want to select at least one most recent movie to avoid the manual initiation.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I don't have anything synced to my ATV, so when I add a new movie, I just click the sync. Nothing gets moved over and the new movies show up on the ATV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.