Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Okay, here is my question. I know incorporating PayPal into sites is really easy. You just go to PayPal and sign up if you don't have an account already and they give you all the stuff you need and directions on how to build it into your site. Here is what I would like to know?

1. When someone clicks on the Check out with PayPal link, they are redirected to the PayPal website and get this secure page. Screen Shot Included.

2. The only negative is this does not look like the design of your site.

3. Does PayPal let you edit the look of this page or is this page one of there template pages that you can't edit because it is tied to a certificate or/and PayPal?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    59 KB · Views: 95

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
If I remember correctly the form is not going to let you edit it since it is a templet form from PayPal. I know you can choose some templets but very limited forms from them or maybe it was dependent upon the link buttons you would pick.
I would think it would be better if it didn't look like your site since PayPal has the security statement that you, the site owner, never see the credit info. Thus it has their look to it and not yours or anyone else's. I would send PP an e-mail asking how to change colors or whatever it is you really would like to do with the form and see if they have any options for you.
Good luck.

macsrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Yea, I think it is a Dynamically generated form, I was just hoping maybe someone had asked the same question and had the answer for sure. I will send PayPal an email and see what they say. I will post that when I get something.

I agree the security features from PayPal are good. Using them as the certificate takes all the responsibility off the seller and puts it on PayPal as far as web security on buy stuff. I just would like to be able to incorporate my Logo into this page and my colors, etc...

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
You can change the look of the page, but only so far as changing a couple of the colors. And even then you can't just pick anything; the text must remain readable (but that's a good thing ;) ). You can use a graphic banner, but you need a SSL site.

--Eric

mikey.f

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
Slovakia
You can change the look of the page, but only so far as changing a couple of the colors. And even then you can't just pick anything; the text must remain readable (but that's a good thing ;) ). You can use a graphic banner, but you need a SSL site.

--Eric

Yep, and it can all be done through your

Profile >> Custom Payment Pages (in the right column–Selling preferences–almost on the bottom).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.