Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n1ckwsiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I'm working with Live 5.2. My machine is a Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Running OSX 10.5.2.

I recently had to upgrade my computer to the one listed above. Upon doing this (after much sweat and tears) I realize that Live 5.2 is the earliest version of live that runs properly with the Intel chip.

So I had to upgrade from Live 3.0 to 5.2. Once I loaded it up and did a few tests I found that it was running properly.

One small problem. I use a VST Plug-In called "Guitar-Rig". This Plug-In was not being recognized by Live 5.2. So I open up Live's preferences and tried setting the VST Plug-In Custom Folder to guitar-rig's application folder (something I never even had to do with Live 3.0). Guitar-Rig was still not showing up in the Live's Plug-In window.

This is where I made a huge mistake. I set the VST Plug-In Custom Folder to my entire applications folder. Live froze a few moments after I did this. I had to force quit. I re-opened Live 5.2 and the program got stuck on the loading screen saying "scanning VST custom folder". After waiting several minutes I realized that Live 5.2 was not going to open and force quit again.

I tried deleting Live 5.2 (and all other folders I could find assosiated with 5.2). Then I re-installed it and tried opening it again. Live 5.2 still got stuck in the same spot in the loading screen.

So I broke Live. Can someone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.