Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
my friend is selling his macbook
specs:
1.83 C2D
2gb RAM
60 HD
and Combo drive (yeah i know ):

it comes w/ tiger install discs and power adapter

i have my own leopard on firewire

is 600 a good price? in terms of reselling? how long do you think itll keep its value in terms of selling it on ebay?

thanks

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
my friend is selling his macbook
specs:
1.83 C2D
2gb RAM
60 HD
and Combo drive (yeah i know ):

it comes w/ tiger install discs and power adapter

i have my own leopard on firewire

is 600 a good price? in terms of reselling? how long do you think itll keep its value in terms of selling it on ebay?

thanks

That's a decent price. You should get a few years out of it and be able to sell it for about half of what you paid, I would think.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
What do you mean by you have Leopard on a firewire disk? as in, you haven't bought a copy of it?

i do have a copy its just i like having it on a firewire disk as a backup instead of going through my drawer and getting out my disc and putting it in...

i unno, its just one of those things

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
$600 isn't bad. That's pretty much market value. If it were $500 then you could brag that you got it for a steal. Anyway, probably a year from now you could get $5-600 for it on eBay if you max the RAM out and put in a decent sized hard drive. If not, you're probably looking at about a $400 resale value. Also, if something else comes out, the demand and prices on the MacBooks might go down, That's why you can get an iBook on ebay for $200.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.