Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Has anybody had any experience with the new Speck hardshell case?? I know previous versions have scratched or made marks on Macbooks...

Already have a Waterfield Sleeve, but I am thinking about investing in the Speck case....

isdereks

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
Speck hard cases - or any hard case for that matter - will reduce the viewing angle of your display. Just something to keep in mind. I wish the display on the MBA would tilt back farther... Wouldn't like have a few degrees lost because of a case.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Speck hard cases - or any hard case for that matter - will reduce the viewing angle of your display. Just something to keep in mind. I wish the display on the MBA would tilt back farther... Wouldn't like have a few degrees lost because of a case.

That is a very good point to keep in mind. I have found myself wishing for the very same thing once and a while! Thanks for the feedback.

-Jeff

hppenterprises

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2007
Saint Simons Island, GA

Hey - in what way? I've not noticed this - I have the Lime Green 15" Speck case (sell all of them), and all my co-workers have them ... the Speck case, specifically, doesn't hinder opening and closing the case. I suppose if you wanted to tilt the screen WAY back it could eventually interfere, but I'd be nervous pushing the screen back that far regardless.

Right now, my MBP is flat on the desk, and I've got the screen pushed pretty far back - I'd guess it's probably pointing away from me at a 45-50 degree angle.

Fred

SKINSnCANES

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2008
Has anybody had any experience with the new Speck hardshell case?? I know previous versions have scratched or made marks on Macbooks...

Already have a Waterfield Sleeve, but I am thinking about investing in the Speck case....

I bought one for my air last week. I havent had any problems. Im leaving for a month long trip to Europe on Sunday so I want to just be able to toss it in a book bag...set it by the pool...do whatever and not have to come back with it all dinged and scratched up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.