Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
I know someone who tried this company. They converted his psd file to XHTML is less than one day, and they actually did a really good job as far as coding. I'm curious if anyone else used them and what is their secret. They cant code it all by hand in one day, can they? Do they use an export tool like sitegrinder. Anyone have any ideas?

mikey.f

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
Slovakia
Actually, once you get good at it, it shouldn't be THAT hard to slice up the PSD and make a valid XHTML out of it. I've been doing it for years now and usually coding the XHTML+CSS takes me but a few hours. </show off> ;)

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
Actually, once you get good at it, it shouldn't be THAT hard to slice up the PSD and make a valid XHTML out of it. I've been doing it for years now and usually coding the XHTML+CSS takes me but a few hours. </show off> ;)

Actually, your code is invalid, you must use an open <show off> tag ;)

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
Their prices are expensive. Why not just learn to code yourself?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
or self-closing <show_off/> tag.

Don't forget self-closing tags aren't capable of enclosing information outside the tag, so his text would've had to have been an attribute of the tag. He'd be better off doing an opening and closing tag system.

jW

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
As far as outsourcing coding goes, I would recommend w3-markup.com

However there is no secret other than experience, you can code anything fairly quickly once you know what you're doing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.