PDA

View Full Version : iBook 12" Audio-In options

EEcuber17
Apr 24, 2008, 01:57 AM
Im still rockin' the 12" 1.2 Ghz iBook. I'm sitting here getting jealous of my roommate who is converting all his records to digital files with his new macbook pro w/ audio In and turntable. So I know the iBook doesn't have an audio in but I've been researching some things like the iMic or some type of audio box that has red/white audio inputs and then a USB output for my Mac. And then I just plan to record the tracks in Garageband as a real instrument or use a certain program.

So I guess my questions are, what type of device is the best for what I want to do. I want really nice sound quality but not at an unreasonable price point. I plan to digitalize alot of 60's rock and old 45s.

Also which would be the best program to record something like this, is Garageband fine?

Thanks!

yadmonkey
Apr 28, 2008, 11:08 PM
The "best" option is really a function of budget. The best bang for your buck has to be the iMic - it will sound quite good to most ears. After that there are interfaces at every price point. Maybe try out the iMic since it's so inexpensive and see if it sounds good enough for you.