PDA

View Full Version : a few more stupid questions (hopefully not TOO stupid)

steveruv
Apr 24, 2008, 07:54 AM
ok guys, another dumb question. i currently dont have a computer at home, and long story short, my comp at work wont give us access download the latest itunes for me to plug in my touch.
heres the question: i want to put video on my touch. i have the software to burn it on to the classic. i was thinking of enabling disk use on the classic and burning the movie/video files there. After that, transfer whatever movies/video onto the computer where my touch is based out of, and do the neccessary transferring from there. Is there an easier way of doing this?

Also, is there a way of a accessing the pictures on my classic though the file for them was deleted since it wasnt backed up when the computer it was based out of had to get cleaned up, etc. If I cant retrieve, no biggie, but just wanted to see my options.

Thanks people!

andybno1
Apr 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
the touch doesn't come with disk usage as it uses ram disks and not an actual hard drive so really you would need iTunes.

you could try using windows media player to sync the device, stick video in the library and sync the device see if that works

steveruv
Apr 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
thanks for the suggstion. i meant, enable the 30 gb I have for disk use, then burn the movie/video and transfer it to ANOTHER computer, then do the Itunes route.

Ivan P
Apr 24, 2008, 10:14 PM
the touch doesn't come with disk usage as it uses ram disks and not an actual hard drive so really you would need iTunes.

Incorrect. The iPod touch uses Flash memory, which is different to RAM; Flash can retain information once the power supply is disconnected, while RAM information has a very short life span.
And the fact it uses Flash memory is not the reason disk use cannot be enabled; the iPod classic is the only iPod with a hard drive. The shuffle and nano have, and have always had, Flash-based memory too. It's purely to try and stop people from jailbreaking their devices easier.