Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Hello All. I've finally made the switch to Mac!

Issue: In preparation for my future Mac Mini (as an HTPC) purchase, I went out yesterday and purchased the Mini-DVI to DVI adapter from the Apple Store and plugged it into my wife's new MacBook (2.4GHz Penryn, 160GB, 2GB, White). Running a DVI-HDMI cable through my Bose V-Class "receiver," I was able to get a 1080i (not p?)...But the colors were off (it seemed to be lacking RED).

I thought it could be a Bose issue, so I powered down the MacBook and the XBR5, plugged the DVI-HDMI cable directly into the Sony, powered on the Sony, and then booted up the MacBook. In this case, however, I got NOTHING! What's odd, however, is the fact that I didn't get a black screen as some have reported, but rather snow! Yeah...Snow. As if my analog cable had gone out.

I played around with the different color profiles, overscan vs. normal, 1:1 native mode, mirrored vs. extended...Nothing helped the color issue.

From what I've read in these forums (and others), an XBR5 should be plug-n-play with Intel's X3100 GPU. Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Nathan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.