PDA

View Full Version : Protools/Digi002 Rack MIDI confyeewwwwsion

torbot
Apr 24, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hi. I've got a Digi002 rack w/ Protools LE 7.x and an Ensoniq Fizmo synth/MIDI controller. I'm running it into a Powerbook G4 Titanium w/ a 1ghz processor.

I can record acoustic instruments no problem, but I've been working for weeks to use record softsynths using the Fizmo and it's driving me nuts.

I recently got the GForce Virtual String Machine and I've got Reason and Sampletank on there, etc, so those are the softsynths I'm using.

I've figured out how to record a MIDI signal using the Fizmo. Let's say I'm using a sound from the Virtual String Machine. I can hear the string machine as I'm playing, but once the track is recorded, I just have the silent MIDI data in ProTools.

I guess I need to assign particular sounds to the signal once it's in ProTools.

What I'd like to do is record the sound as I'm playing it. Failing that, I'd like to assign sounds to the MIDI data after it's recorded, but....

What I'd REALLY, ideally, like to do, is route the softsynth OUT of ProTools and into one of my preamps, and THEN into the ProTools project. I'd like the preamp to warm it up a bit. Or, alternately, route the softsynth sound into one of my amplifiers and MIC that.

ANY information here would help me a ton! I apologize if this is extreme newbie stuff.

Thanks!