Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
What is your opinion? It's not going to be easy, and who knows, maybe they can't do. I guess well find out in the next year or so how they are progressing. Just cause they have the features doesn't mean its happening, but only time will tell. They say that about every apple product. That it wont affect the market, hell they said that about the mobile market about the iPhone.

iTim314

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2005
U.S.
It may not have a giant effect on big corporations.... yet. But that doesn't mean hasn't dug it's way into IT departments.

Look across america at our educational system. I'm not talking about individuals purchasing Macs; I'm talking about the School System's IT dept.

Most schools have some form of an IT department, though it may not be directly stated as such. The school system that my sister in Tennessee works for uses nothing BUT Macs, in classrooms, offices, and the county-wide network.

It doesn't prove Macs liable for the Business world, but it does disprove the author's point on Mac's being ill-legit in the IT departments.

yvovandoorn

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
Amsterdam, NL
Plus even IT departments at corporations and hospitals of all places.

I recently interviewed someone for a position and he works at a local hospital as a network engineer, he informed us that doctors basically make their life a living hell because more and more are switching to using a Mac.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
When I was switching jobs last year, nearly every interview said they were bringing more Macs into the enterprise. Leopard is a big step IMHO.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
This little article reads like it was written by somebody in high school.

Of most importance, define the "business market." Some would define this as as limited essentially to Fortune 500 companies. Probably it's true that Apple will have a tough time making many inroads into this market, just as they always have. But there's a huge segment of the "business market" that isn't so ossified, and which happens to be growing more quickly than the largest corporations anyway. Small businesses, home-based businesses, online businesses... all of these are great "business market" opportunities for Apple.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
I'm a partner at one of the largest law firms in the world (top 10 or 15, by number of lawyers, depending on who's merged with whom recently).

There are many people here -- partners, associates, staff and IT -- who would love to switch to mac. I have a macintosh running along side my trusty xp machine on my desk, and I use entourage to get my corporate email. The IT staff has been very supportive, and have gotten approval to take mac support classes because so many lawyers have macs at home and need help with remote access, etc. I also understand that some of our marketing people are using macs full time to make brochures, etc.

It's just a matter of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.