Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJ CSquared

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Is there an Instant Messager for AIM that works with iSight besides iChat. Because when I try to video chat with one of my friends, an error box shows and then it stops the chat and i don't know how to fix it... Any help?? Thanks in advance.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Is there an Instant Messager for AIM that works with iSight besides iChat. Because when I try to video chat with one of my friends, an error box shows and then it stops the chat and i don't know how to fix it... Any help?? Thanks in advance.

Nine times out of 10, this is caused by networking/firewall issues, which trying a different application isn't going to solve. iChat is very reliable for video chat - provided it's not being blocked by something.

Take a look at Apple's support document on the subject

mheidt

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
i was using ichat/aim instead of skype because skype had an annoying audio feedback.
But when I gave it another try a couple of weeks ago, it was really better than ichat/aim in terms of video quality. No audio feedback neither.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
AIM: Adium, I believe, works well.

MSN/ Hotmail: Later this year, Microsoft is planning to release a newer msn messenger/ windows live to work with iSight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.