PDA

View Full Version : MusicNet CEO slams iTunes in Marketwatch Interview

MacBytes
Nov 15, 2003, 04:14 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: MusicNet CEO slams iTunes in Marketwatch Interview (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?source=blq/yhoo&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo&guid=%7B704337D5%2D796A%2D4E22%2D8B25%2D85BFEE92366E%7D)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

joker2
Nov 15, 2003, 04:18 PM
They keep saying AOL is going to be a major player.. but weren't there rumblings that iTunes would be integrated with AOL? ...and AOL and Apple would announce a partnership?

nuckinfutz
Nov 15, 2003, 05:01 PM
But he's wrong nonetheless.

"The big companies are going to dominate," McGlade said. "AOL is going to be a significant player. Companies likeYahoo, MTV, Microsoft, Sony. I don't think it's going to be I-Tunes."

Yahoo ??? MTV??? Sony??

Neither have the accument Apple provides. They don't have an Major Operating System and platform. I've never heard of musicnet but considering this buffoon is their CEO I'm not suprised they are not successful.

Apple is doing the right thing for success. They "control the whole widget" . Web based portals are not going to do as well as a Web based tool integrated into a player ala iTunes.

rjwill246
Nov 15, 2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by nuckinfutz
I've never heard of musicnet but considering this buffoon is their CEO I'm not suprised they are not successful.

It is quite inspirational, the vitriol that Apple's competitors pour on them: you can't but help want to take up their mantra. From Michael Dull's and other CEO's whose products, faces and would-like-to-have charisma will never see Time's covers, whose products won't get Design of the Year awards at the rate Apple does, you would think they would remain in their foxholes and shut up. While Apple certainly comments on competitors from time to time it lacks the spite of these dimwits: thank heaven, as the low road is not that great a way. At least SJ keeps his most caustic thoughts out of the press- we know he has them- but he has the courtesy and dignity to voice them "at home."
I guess losers perhaps feel that they have nothing else to do but bitch but as in this case, it makes the speaker look so immature and unworthy of his office.

crap freakboy
Nov 15, 2003, 07:06 PM
wheres Jacob Marley when you need him?

suits huh bless their little cotton socks:)

szark
Nov 15, 2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by shadow95
They keep saying AOL is going to be a major player.. but weren't there rumblings that iTunes would be integrated with AOL? ...and AOL and Apple would announce a partnership?

Apple and AOL did announce a partnership (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/10/20031016150401.shtml).

Strange...maybe nobody told him? :D

iJon
Nov 16, 2003, 03:10 AM
apple will remain the number 1 player as long as long as the itms is the only one that will work with the ipod. i mean come one, look at all the singers and rappers and stuff. they all have ipods. 50 has them in his videos, diddy uses them to pick his tracks on the show, your just not cool these days without an ipod.

iJon

Jerry Spoon
Nov 16, 2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by iJon
apple will remain the number 1 player as long as long as the itms is the only one that will work with the ipod.
iJon
and the iPod remains the dominant music player. Let's not forget that Apple is getting attacked from that front too. And I don't think a few accessories now and then from Belkin will be enough to keep iPod on top if the actual player doesn't move in a forward direction as well. Time will tell.

iJon
Nov 16, 2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
and the iPod remains the dominant music player. Let's not forget that Apple is getting attacked from that front too. And I don't think a few accessories now and then from Belkin will be enough to keep iPod on top if the actual player doesn't move in a forward direction as well. Time will tell.
the problem is that everyone keeps trying to copy apple. its hard to beat apple at its own game. apple took the mp3 player and made it into what it should be, the ipod. everyone else was like, yeah that looks good, lets give it a hard drive, bigger screen, and a scroll wheel. but yet no one has been able to keep up. not even the music stores. i was at best buy today and on one of the computers they had rhapsody up, holy s*** is what s***. it was so damn confusing and it was so cluttered it looked like some program to control a shuttle launch, it was crazy.

iJon

nagromme
Nov 17, 2003, 12:47 AM
I tend to suspect that Apple will continue to enhance the iPod ;)

(PS You have to love an article that calls it ITunes instead of iTunes. And no longer just for MAC!)