Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lfc200

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Cork, Ireland
Hi all
Lately my 2.16ghz macbook has been having a lot of problems connecting wirelessly to the internet. It keeps dropping the connection and wont reconnect without having to restart the laptop. Also safari is running very slowly.

The laptop is completely up to date regarding software updates. I dont think it is the wireless modem that is the problem because i have my imac using airport as well with no problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
John

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I'm in the same boat and can't figure it out. I have a 1st gen MacBook that works flawlessly with my new Airport Express. I installed a new 802.11n card in my Mac Pro. At first I get full bars, but as soon as I hop on the internet, it drops to 2 and nothing loads. I have to reboot to get full bars back. It'll be good for a bit, but will then drop out again. The AE is about 20' away. The MacBook works all the way out to the end of my driveway w/o dropping a single bar. So it can't be a reception thing. It must be the Mac Pro. I hope the 10.5.3 update fixes it.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I can relate, since I've taken my BlackBook to campus and I get great WiFi connection with Full Bars at the beginning, then I walk about 15 feet away and "poof" no bars. I've ended up switching to another campus WiFi ID and the problem seems to have gone away. It's still frustrating because there seems to be no "fix" in the near future, since my IT people say it's not on their end. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.