PDA

View Full Version : Mini - main board

Blobby
Apr 25, 2008, 09:15 AM
Does anyone have any idea how much Apple would charge relative to the cost of a new mini, to fix (i.e. presumably replace) a failed main board of a mini that's out of warranty?

nando2323
Apr 25, 2008, 09:38 AM
Does anyone have any idea how much Apple would charge relative to the cost of a new mini, to fix (i.e. presumably replace) a failed main board of a mini that's out of warranty?

Why don't you just look on ebay and other places I've seen them on sale there and just replace it yourself I would say the difficulty is maybe a 6 out of 10. Just gotta have that dandy paint scraper tool to pry it open, and nice small screw driver set.

twynne
Apr 25, 2008, 09:55 AM

I'm not sure this applies to all models and all countries, but in the UK for a 1.83 Core Duo model they wanted more to replace the logic board than the cost of a new 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo Mini! I said no thanks and have since bought 2 of them (1 eBay, 1 refurb). :D

ADent
Apr 25, 2008, 02:17 PM
These guys will fix it for $345 for intel: http://www.dttservice.com/macmini.html .

There is a new board on eBay for $389

Blobby
Apr 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
OK, I'm in UK, so that limits some of these options. But at least I know not to bother with Apple doing it.

Thanks all.