Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missmoon

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
san francisco
Do you have any idea how long it took me to find this dialog box just to ask how to post a question or new thread anywhere on MacForums? I am not stupid, but I can't find a place anywhere to ask my question - opnly how to post a reply to previously posted questions!

MY question (in case anyone reads this!) relates to my inability to get my Max OSC Tiger (newest version) + latest version of iTunes + latest version of Airport Express to show my remote speakers when in iTunes. the connection disappeared this morning and now all I can get in the lower right corner is "burn disk" - "the "computer" and "Tunes" options are both gone!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I see that you have successfully posted your question in an appropriate forum, so hopefully you've got everything figured out now.

As you may have discovered, users are free to start threads in most forums, but a few of them have restrictions. Please have a look at the "I can't post a message in the Forums" section of our FAQ for more information on this topic. Thanks! :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
missmoon, I also suggest you check out the vBulletin forum code markup guide so you can familiarize yourself with how the forum works and such. :)

FAQ-Take a read, I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful stuff in there (WildCowboy already mentioned it).

As for the problem you are having with your iTunes and the like, I think you can post it in the Mac Peripherals forum or the Mac Basics and Help forum (choose one and create a thread in it; don't post in both), but really any forum that relates to your problem is good.

To do so, go to the Forum Main Page and click on the appropriate forum.

Once you're in the forum you'd like to post a thread in, simply hit the "New Thread" button located towards the upper left above the list of current threads. The button looks like this:
newthread.gif

Hope that makes sense! :)

cankoops

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2012
Do you have any idea how long it took me to find this dialog box just to ask how to post a question or new thread anywhere on MacForums? I am not stupid, but I can't find a place anywhere to ask my question - opnly how to post a reply to previously posted questions!

MY question (in case anyone reads this!) relates to my inability to get my Max OSC Tiger (newest version) + latest version of iTunes + latest version of Airport Express to show my remote speakers when in iTunes. the connection disappeared this morning and now all I can get in the lower right corner is "burn disk" - "the "computer" and "Tunes" options are both gone!

i completly agree with the first part of your question. I have been looking how to post a question on this for about an hour now. can you tell me how to do it? i only know how to comment on threads but can't figure out how to post a thread.

Nov 28, 2010
located
i completly agree with the first part of your question. I have been looking how to post a question on this for about an hour now. can you tell me how to do it? i only know how to comment on threads but can't figure out how to post a thread.

Have you read the thread yet? The post above yours mentions or explains how to post a new thread in an appropriate sub-forum via the
newthread.gif
button.
To find the appropriate sub-forum, go here and choose the one, that tangents your problem the most (is it software or hardware related, go to the appropriate software or hardware sub-forum (know, that a Mac Pro is not a MacBook Pro).

Now I am confused. You already posted two threads, both named the same, probably accidental duplication (1, 2), so what is your question?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.