Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanitsas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hello everybody!

I want to buy a new iPod nano 8Gb, but i wonder if Apple has new models in 2-3 months.

Do you agree to buy the 3g iPod nano or is better to wait?

The 3g iPod nano has any problems?

Thanks.

Gianni from Greece!!!

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Apple generally refreshes the iPods in September. If you need it now, buy it now. If you don't, you can wait patiently.

I don't personally don't have any problems with mine.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
The current nano is by far the best version to date, buy it now. I understand the wanting to wait for a new product but if you want to use it now you should just buy it, of course they are going to come out with a new model (probably late fall) but why deny yourself a great product that is out now?

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
For someone in your situation, I would normally recommend buying a refurbished nano, but it seems there is no Greek Apple Store. Instead, I would suggest a second-hand one, which you could sell for hardly any loss at beginning of September, just in time for the nano 4G.

stanitsas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Finally i will buy it now because all of you said that is the best version the 3g iPod nano.

Maybe i'll go for the black colour!

September is too far and if Apple release iPod 4g in September, here in Greece will be available at Octomber. So far ........!!!

Luzzio

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Malaysia
I'm actually hoping they're updating the ipod nano line soon... 8GB wouldn't be enough for me. I'm currently using a 2nd gen 2gb and I've tons of songs waiting to be synced... just lack the capacity.

Here's hoping for a 16gb nano come June! :p

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
go for it.. my mum has it and its brilliant... absolutely perfect albeit the fact that she has 7gb worth of MP3 and iTS store downloaded content and is running out of space she loves it.

there is no point waiting unless space is an issue. nothing more they can be changed. if you continue waiting till september, by the time september comes there will be rumours of a new ipod nano to follow refreshes in january.

if you wan something get it, dont wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.