PDA

View Full Version : Mac's and spouses / Significant others

Backtothemac
May 8, 2002, 01:40 PM
Well, here we go. This a jumpstart off of another thread. Your spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or significant other, do they use / like Macs. Or are they they type that gives you grief about it?

My ole lady (yes that is actually a term of endearment) loves Macs. She actually hates Microsoft more than any person that I have ever known. She is a zealot hardcore. If she had her way she would break-up Microsoft forever. My three year old is also a Mac fan. She actually told out neighbor that his Dell was ugly! She is a character. I have to hurry up and buy a new iMac, so I can give her our Flower Power.

Here is a link to my website so you can see pics of my wife, daughter, and everything else in our family. If you would like, post links, or pics of your peeps.

:p Let the fun begin.

oh, and 298!!!! Going for the avatar!

Geert
May 8, 2002, 01:50 PM
I made my wife aware of the mac, and ever since, she starts to praise Apple and mac to my friends, telling them they should buy one :p

My 2 girls, they will be Apple freaks for sure, their dad does not stop talking about it. (nor playing with one :p)

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2002, 02:01 PM
My wife loves my mac, she has a PC, but I find her using my macs more than her machine. Eventually when she decides she wants to get a new machine, we'll get her one, most likely a TiPB. She's envious of mine, but its a work machine, so if I get a new job there's no guarantee I'd get another at the next job.

This way I get the big desktop and I'll be able to 'borrow' hers when I need to. But that won't be happening this year, most likely in 2004, so what's new and hot then should be very snappy.:D

britboy
May 8, 2002, 02:52 PM
My future spouse isn't that crazy about computers. I'm gradually convincing her that mac's are a better choice, despite the higher initial cost. She's half finnish, half scottish, and can have a pretty fiery temper at times! I don't know where i'd be without her; since we've been together my life's become a lot more organized. Cliche: she's changed me!

'fraid i don't have many photos in digital format. The best i've got is one taken a couple of years ago on holiday in spain. If you're interested, check it out! (http://homepage.mac.com/schwuliduck/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2002%2D01%2D08%2002.55.11%20%2D0800/42.jpg)

That's my dad on the left, me in the middle (the centre of attention, of course!), and Jemma on the right.

Rower_CPU
May 8, 2002, 03:09 PM
My current girlfriend/future spouse loves Macs...thanks in part to my expert tutelage and brainwashing ;) .

Backtothemac
May 8, 2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by britboy
My future spouse isn't that crazy about computers. I'm gradually convincing her that mac's are a better choice, despite the higher initial cost. She's half finnish, half scottish, and can have a pretty fiery temper at times! I don't know where i'd be without her; since we've been together my life's become a lot more organized. Cliche: she's changed me!

'fraid i don't have many photos in digital format. The best i've got is one taken a couple of years ago on holiday in spain. If you're interested, check it out! (http://homepage.mac.com/schwuliduck/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2002%2D01%2D08%2002.55.11%20%2D0800/42.jpg)

That's my dad on the left, me in the middle (the centre of attention, of course!), and Jemma on the right.

She is very attractive. You are a lucky man. Hang on to her.
;)

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 03:29 PM
my girlfriend has a dell laptop. it is not good.

however, she has acknowledged that her next comp will be a mac, and i think she much prefers being at my place to use the comp than her own...

however, she isn't nearly a mac fanatic (yet) as she still asks me every once in a while "what's so great about that?" or some other question trying to rain on my apple parade... ha i guess it's good that she keeps me in check.

teabgs
May 8, 2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
my girlfriend has a dell laptop. it is not good.

however, she has acknowledged that her next comp will be a mac, and i think she much prefers being at my place to use the comp than her own...

however, she isn't nearly a mac fanatic (yet) as she still asks me every once in a while "what's so great about that?" or some other question trying to rain on my apple parade... ha i guess it's good that she keeps me in check.

Same Thing with my girlfriend!! Jello...I think that the similarities between us are a bit too weird.

Our first name start with the same 2 letters, we're both in the same school for the same thing and taking classes together next fall, our girlfriends have the same stupid crap computers and will get a mac next time....I think something has to be done!

Your girl isnt in CAS is she? if she is I'm gonna be gettin a bit weirded out...

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
Same Thing with my girlfriend!! Jello...I think that the similarities between us are a bit too weird.

Our first name start with the same 2 letters, we're both in the same school for the same thing and taking classes together next fall, our girlfriends have the same stupid crap computers and will get a mac next time....I think something has to be done!

Your girl isnt in CAS is she? if she is I'm gonna be gettin a bit weirded out...

J-E and T-E.... not the same 2 letters at all... haha.

well, no, she isn't in cas. she's actually in stern... yuck. but before you jump to conclusions. she's one of those cool stern people who aren't all about money and using people. she wants to actually fight white collar crime eventually. she graduates next week...

as for classes together... i'm almost definitely dropping d&d. just don't need the stress.....

teabgs
May 8, 2002, 04:01 PM

J-E and T-E.... not the same 2 letters at all... haha.

I mean our REAL names...

as for classes together... i'm almost definitely dropping d&d. just don't need the stress.....
Don't drop it. Its good for you, you'll be so much better with design, if not drawing as well by the end of it

Stern....hmmm:rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
Don't drop it. Its good for you, you'll be so much better with design, if not drawing as well by the end of it

Stern....hmmm:rolleyes:

real names? what's that?

i know it's good for me. but so is being able to dedicate time to my production classes... if you'll do my drawing for me... i'll do the extremes and i'll agree to take the class... haha

even non profit organizations need business people to make things work... right?

i wanted to make her a shirt that said "don't make friends, make connections" with "nyu stern" on the back or something, but i didn't get around to it. she'd have worn it though.

mcrain
May 8, 2002, 04:27 PM
even non profit organizations need business people to make things work... right?

Non-profit, tax-exempt does not mean no profit. They only mean that there are no owners and no individuals receive excess benefits.

In fact, most non-profits that I've been involved with make great deals of money and do great things for their communities.

jelloshotsrule
May 8, 2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mcrain
Non-profit, tax-exempt does not mean no profit. They only mean that there are no owners and no individuals receive excess benefits.

In fact, most non-profits that I've been involved with make great deals of money and do great things for their communities.

my point was not that companies that don't make money also need business people, but rather that companies that do good things (whether for profit or not) DO need business people to help them run efficiently....

basically, i was pointing out how there are SOME good business people not totally obscured by money and greed.

rainman::|:|
May 8, 2002, 04:45 PM
my partner was a mac user before i met him, but now he's gotten more into it. I constantly ramble about "apple this" or "apple that" so he knows whats going on... He hates using PCs and is trying to get an iBook at work...

so i'm lucky... i went out with a mac hater once... PC enthusiasts are so annoying... i shoulda seen it coming...

:)
pnw

gerror
May 9, 2002, 03:43 AM
My girlfriend loves my Mac more and more. Her new computer would be a Mac for sure. Especialle since she read an article in Elle about the new iMac ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 9, 2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by gerror
My girlfriend loves my Mac more and more. Her new computer would be a Mac for sure. Especialle since she read an article in Elle about the new iMac ;)

Oh, I would just love to read that one, you have it handy or can you find it online?