PDA

View Full Version : How do you DIVIDE a song into smaller pieces ??

igmolinav
Apr 29, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I made a 15 minute recording of a dialogue and I sent it to itunes. So it looks now like a huge song.

Is it possible to divide it into smaller pieces, how ??

After that, I will rename each of these "smaller dialogues"

Thank you very much in advance for all your help : ) !!!

igmolinav

nineteentwelve
Apr 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
You could use Garageband to do this. Just open the song, place the playhead at the point in the song you wish to split it and under the Edit menu (I think), click on Split at Playhead or something similar. Delete the bits you don't want and save. Fission also does the same task.

atari1356
Apr 29, 2008, 03:59 PM
You could open the song in Garageband if you have that... or download a free program called Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

Either one will let you see a waveform representation of the audio, that you can copy/paste/delete to do whatever you want with. (or reverse the audio, add effects, etc.)

Consultant
Apr 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
Sound Studio is more intuitive than audacity, but costs money.

igmolinav
Apr 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!!

I have already split the original recording into the pieces that I need using Garage Band.

My question is now, how do I give a name to each smaller piece, and then how do I send each independent piece to itunes, is it possible ??

Thank you very much in advance,

igmolinav

karenflower
Apr 29, 2008, 09:51 PM
One way of doing this is by deleting all the sections apart from one, then choose 'Send Song to iTunes' or 'Export Song to Disk' from the Share menu.

After it's done exporting, press Command-Z (or choose 'Undo Delete Region' from the Edit menu), and repeat the process with the other sections.

Alternatively, you could copy a section and choose 'New' from the File menu, then paste it in, and export/send to iTunes.