PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay music give-away

MacBytes
Apr 29, 2008, 10:07 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Tunes
Link: Coldplay music give-away (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20080429230757)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

CanadaRAM
Apr 30, 2008, 01:14 AM
Free song download for 1 week only. Requires providing an email address and a postal code...

winmacguy
Apr 30, 2008, 01:39 AM
I just did that earlier but no dice so I might have another crack at it.

pdxflint
Apr 30, 2008, 01:50 AM
I just got it downloaded straight into iTunes... nice to hear some new Coldplay, esp for free. Thanks for the link. :)

winmacguy
Apr 30, 2008, 03:21 AM
I just got it downloaded straight into iTunes... nice to hear some new Coldplay, esp for free. Thanks for the link. :)

No problem.:apple:

I just re did it and checked my email ...DUH! it helps if you put the RIGHT email addy in.

zainjetha
Apr 30, 2008, 06:45 AM
oh just a single.. how tight

Bakey
Apr 30, 2008, 07:10 AM
oh just a single.. how tight

Oh no!!!! I knew it wouldn't last - looks they're back then!

The U2 "wannabe's" know as frickin' Coldplay... :mad:

PCMacUser
Apr 30, 2008, 07:22 AM

Coldplay don't really resemble U2 musically. I suspect you meant politically or something?

sreedy
Apr 30, 2008, 07:27 AM

Remember it's 'cool' to hate Coldplay........ :rolleyes:

Just downloaded this and I quite like it, seems a little bit different to their previous sound.

PCMacUser
Apr 30, 2008, 07:33 AM

Just downloaded this and I quite like it, seems a little bit different to their previous sound.

I like Coldplay too, although their first album Parachutes is still my fav...

The new single is a little bit reminiscent of the X&Y sound to me.

Bakey
Apr 30, 2008, 07:40 AM
Coldplay don't really resemble U2 musically. I suspect you meant politically or something?

Without a doubt... :D

Right... :rolleyes: It's also cool to voice an opinion and it's a fair point to make that as a fellow UK resident, we will no doubt once again witness saturation across our television screens and radio airwaves of said Coldplay... !!Oh boy, I really, really, really can't wait!!!!

On a more pedantic note (as if that wasn't already) - it was absolute audible terrorism on my poor ear-drums when I heard "Talk" using the sample from Kraftwerk's "Computer Love"... More to the point I was dismayed at Kraftwerk allowing Bonmartino to actually sample it in the first place!!

My rant, as they say, is over!!

QuarterSwede
Apr 30, 2008, 08:35 AM
They're like U2 ... blah, blah, blah. Personally I can't stand U2 but I love Coldplay and this new single is a refreshing view of them. Love it. At least in the states they don't overplay them so I won't be sick of the new single. :D

This song sounds like a modern Pink Floyd mixed with Elton John. Strange I know.

pdxflint
Apr 30, 2008, 11:28 AM
Bakey, sorry to hear about your inability to control the content you watch on tv in the UK - makes me glad to have satellite HD programming here, along with all the wooly wildness of high bandwidth internet video offerings. As far as the radio... what's that? Oh yeah, I forgot that some folks still listen to music that way. All it's really good for anymore is talk radio, and that's all skewed political BS anyway. :) I always carry my own music library or mix cds with me for the car, since the car cd player doesn't play mp3s.

Over here, at least for me, Coldplay is a welcome escape from all the Hollywood factory pop crap that get's pushed ad-infinitum to all the teeny-boppers. :rolleyes:

LizKat
Apr 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the link to the freebie!

Not sure about all that hollow tunnel effect on the opening vocals, jeez.

But i love the bass and the drums and the buzzy shreddy takes on guitar.

They wind it out pretty good in the latter half. This will be fun for them on tour!

Taking it all down to Martin and practically acoustic at the end, nice touch.

Anyway I was really looking forward to the new release and now I'm really psyched for it. I got this track stuck on repeat-one now for my coffee break.

Shotglass
Apr 30, 2008, 01:58 PM
Bakey, switch of your TV and listen to good music. I threw out my television when I got my hifi and it has served me well. Maybe you could use the same way to escape this audible terrorism you were reffering to?

bluebomberman
Apr 30, 2008, 02:08 PM
Still waiting for the email I punched in yesterday. Grr.

Let's not get snobbish about our music. Geez, better Coldplay than, say, Hannah Montana...

JoshLV
Apr 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the link.

CanadaRAM
Apr 30, 2008, 06:55 PM
Uncool thing: How many of the posters in this thread got spammed through PM by a member promoting their own band?

PCMacUser
Apr 30, 2008, 08:24 PM
Uncool thing: How many of the posters in this thread got spammed through PM by a member promoting their own band?

I did too, but it seemed harmless enough.

QuarterSwede
May 1, 2008, 12:35 AM
I did, but he was polite and I actually like his stuff so it was welcome.

sreedy
May 1, 2008, 03:11 AM

I did, but he was polite and I actually like his stuff so it was welcome.

I did too and at least he didn't spam the actual thread, plus as QS said he was polite and I downloaded it.....

LiveForever
May 1, 2008, 05:15 AM
I downloaded the song an hour or so after it was released (it took me that long to get on the website).

I like it, I couldn't get it out of my head and it stopped me going to sleep for a while.

It's a very refreshing brave, honest and stripped down song.

It's put them back to the top of the biggest band in the world league .

I watched the BBC radio one video (http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=d6HNisrTwt4)of Chris Martin and other bald bearded one (Johnny?) on Jo Wileys show and she said after a preview in tight secrecy that the new album is the best thing they have done so far. She is very honest, doesn't gush and says it how it really is so I'm expecting great things. Iv'e read other sneak preview reviews (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/05/01/bmcold101.xml&DCMP=ILC-traffdrv07053100) s that its a masterpiece.

From Daily Telegraph, Uk.
Coldplay came in from the cold this week with a free digital download single, Violet Hill. Amid rumours that the group had forsaken populism for high-minded artistic experimentation, the wobbly synths that introduce the song may have caused fans (and EMI executives) a moment of anxiety.

But when Chris Martin starts singing, his stately piano rings out and the band pile in, it is business as usual. This is exactly the kind of song that has made them the defining group of our times, a gloriously catchy piece of epic melancholia.

I hated Rush of Blood and X&Y at first but now I like Rush of Blood and reckon X&Y is a classic.

U2 comparisons are because coldplay are up there filling out stadiums and coldplay openly express their adulation of U2 and oasis, bands they grew up listening to. Although I love u2, apart from their last alright album (with vertigo on), since Achtung Baby they haven't really done much. They are probably the best live band out there though.
Coldplay have released 3 brilliant albums so far and the new one is said to be their best yet.

Brian Eno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Eno_discography) has produced this new album, just this fact alone should get us all drooling, He produced Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree amongst countless other classics. He also composed the windows start up tune!

The new coldpaly album can not fail.

pdxflint
May 1, 2008, 05:51 AM

I didn't feel spammed at all, since he offered something free, and it was pretty good. I liked it enough to buy the 4 other tracks they had, and actually am very interested in listening to new/independent musicians. I have no problem with artists doing what they can to promote their music, especially in response to discussions on music. And, if you think about it, this thread started as someone pointing the way to a free download of Coldplay, so what's the difference?